Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Front wheel bearing

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JacobRhea is an unknown quantity at this point
Front wheel bearing

Can anyone tell me if I can buy a wheel bearing that is already pressed in the hub for a 09 Civic? I found hub assembly and wheel bearing on Amazon for $66 which is what the title is but it only shows a picture of the wheel bearing, I'm trying to find out if there's a way around having a pressed if I can buy it already together I really don't need a Hub but if I can buy it with the wheel bearing already installed I would rather do it that way any help would be appreciated thanks?
Old 02-02-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Front wheel bearing

Junk yard!

If you gave the hub and new wheel bearing to a local shop they would probably press the old out and new in for cheap. Call around and ask.
Old 02-03-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JacobRhea is an unknown quantity at this point

well that's what I'm saying that's the thing I don't have the wheel bearing kit I'm trying to find out if I can buy The Hub new with wheel bearing already pressed I seen on Amazon it says hub assembly and wheel bearing $66 but it only shows a picture of the wheel bearing when I called they said it should be both since that's what it says but I'm not trying to pay $66 just for a wheel bearing, so does anyone know if you can buy them already pressed as I'm talkin and if this might be one on Amazon?
Old 02-03-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to find out if I can buy The Hub new with wheel bearing already pressed
Can't be done that way on the fronts. Design won't allow it.

Bearing is pressed into the knuckle first, then the large snap ring retainer is installed, then the hub is pressed in from the same side the snap ring was just installed.

AND whomever does the assembly has to make sure the bearing faces the right direction....else the ABS will have a hissy fit.

REAR bearing comes with the hub as a complete unit, and is a relatively simple bolt on.
Old 05-12-2022
7th Gen Victim

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
crajnai has a spectacular aura aboutcrajnai has a spectacular aura about

Hitting this old thread for an answer. On a Timkin bearing what is the right direction? Rubber towards hub?