Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

2015 Civic fob

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roger t is an unknown quantity at this point
2015 Civic fob

My wife asked me," If the battery goes dead in my smart entry key, I know how to open the car, but how do I start the car". Can anyone answer her question ?
Thanks
Old 01-29-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: 2015 Civic fob

check the owners manual, i know some cars there's a manual override in case that happens
Old 01-29-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Use the blunt end of the fob to push and hold the start button in for about 5 seconds (until it lights up).
Let the button go then immediately push it again using the blunt end. Engine should crank and start.

Alternative: When the dashboard beeps and displays the warning message about replacing the fob battery, replace the fob battery.
Old 01-30-2018
Registered!!

roger t is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the "replace battery" message, so I thought this has got to be a "no brainer". I opened up the key FOB & parts went everywhere. I finally got it back together with a new battery & it works.....surprise ! I can just imagine trying to replace the battery seating in a Walmart parking lot, 10 o'clock at night. Not going to happen !!
Old 12-22-2018
Registered!!

CivicGal29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roger t
I got the "replace battery" message, so I thought this has got to be a "no brainer". I opened up the key FOB & parts went everywhere. I finally got it back together with a new battery & it works.....surprise ! I can just imagine trying to replace the battery seating in a Walmart parking lot, 10 o'clock at night. Not going to happen !!
Def don't wait till it dies though. Mine died over the summer and my car let me unlock it like normal, but it wouldn't start a lot. I had to hold down start or it wouldn't even try starting more than a sec. I finally figured out it was my fob when my boyfriend was stuck and took a video of him like ruining my car. He was late picking me up bc my car died after the tool tried for 5 or 10 min until my car battery died. Luckily tho, someone showed me the green key flashing when he was trying it. I saw it again the next time my car did it, so I replaced it finally, never had to hold start since.

The whole ordeal did screw up my starter though. My car would stutter and take a while to start after that. Like I never had to hold start, i just had to try a few times sometimes, which is embarrassing AF! Even though it happened kinda a lot, the dealer never had it happen the two times I took it in. Finally this fall they were able to see it screw up. I picked it up from my inspection and it stumbled and took me 2 tries. Def the only time I was ever glad to hear the stupid hiccup/stumble thing since the tech was almost inside, but he heard it. they replaced my starter and my cars been almost perfect since!

My friends still love making fun of my car though and it's annoying AF. My best friend was the worst with it, so I kept telling her how great its been. Then we were leaving her place with my new BF, and it wouldn't start the first two freaking times, I felt so dumb. Every other time it's started right up, but they both had to be there that one time it wouldn't..
Old 12-22-2018
Registered!!

CivicGal29 is an unknown quantity at this point

https://youtu.be/HNsZBzGvDzs
See the green key flashing when he's trying to start my car? If your fob battery starts going, your car may act like this.