Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

Radio sound stop working?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zp333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Radio sound stop working?

I have a 2007 Honda Civic that the sound has stopped working on my radio. I have changed the fuse and it is still not working. The display on the radio and everything is there like normal. Just no sound is coming out. Any advice? I'm worried about going to a shop and being charged a fortune for them just to diagnose the issue
Old 01-20-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Radio sound stop working?

Check fader and balance controls

Connect a known good speaker to the speaker wiring in the trunk (or a front door), see if a known good speaker makes sound.
Old 01-20-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Check fader and balance controls

Connect a known good speaker to the speaker wiring in the trunk (or a front door), see if a known good speaker makes sound.
I'm assuming it's not the speakers because they all went out at once
Old 01-20-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

What kinda 2007 Civic you got?

Coupe or sedan
Trim level

Your country?
Old 01-20-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
What kinda 2007 Civic you got?

Coupe or sedan
Trim level

Your country?
its a sedan im in the United States
Old 01-21-2018

Originally Posted by Zp333
its a sedan im in the United States

Trim level?
Old 01-21-2018
Registered!!

Bryan Balthazor is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just ran into a similar issue on my 2006 EX. After I changed the battery and re-input the code, I have no audio on the AM, FM, and CD. However I have audio on the XM and the I hear the beeping when I touch buttons. It's the weirdest thing, I have no idea what would cause no audio only on AM, FM, and CD. I've checked the radio and amp fuses and they are fine.

I was certain it was the amp fuse until all I found that I have audio on the XM, so I know the signal is going through the amp. Also, as expected, when I pull the amp fuse, I lose all audio.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-21-2018
Registered!!

Am I allowed to post outside links on here? I found a video of this guy with the same issue but I can't figure out what he did exactly to fix the problem. Any shops I talk to and just tell me to bring it in and want to charge $100 an hour to look at it. I don't want to spend a fortune just trying to diagnose the issue.
Old 01-21-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Bryan Balthazor
I've just ran into a similar issue on my 2006 EX. After I changed the battery and re-input the code, I have no audio on the AM, FM, and CD. However I have audio on the XM and the I hear the beeping when I touch buttons. It's the weirdest thing, I have no idea what would cause no audio only on AM, FM, and CD. I've checked the radio and amp fuses and they are fine.

I was certain it was the amp fuse until all I found that I have audio on the XM, so I know the signal is going through the amp. Also, as expected, when I pull the amp fuse, I lose all audio.

Any thoughts?
One clarification: I actually changed the battery about 2 weeks ago and all was fine afterwards. But it was freezing cold out when I changed the battery and I couldn't get the clamp tight on the post. So yesterday once it warmed up, I removed the clamp and got it nice and tight and that is when I started having the radio issues. When I was working on it, a couple of times I would getting arcing between the terminal and cable as I was better positioning the clamp. I'm not sure if the quick on/off cycles would have hurt something?
Old 01-21-2018
Registered!!

Am I allowed to post outside links on here? I found a video of this guy with the same issue but I can't figure out what he did exactly to fix the problem. Any shops I talk to and just tell me to bring it in and want to charge $100 an hour to look at it. I don't want to spend a fortune just trying to diagnose the issue.
Does your audio work on XM? Even if you don't subscribe you can listen to the first channel.
Old 01-21-2018

Yes you can paste a URL into your post.

There are about 6 different versions of the radios, that's why I wanted to know about the cars body style and trim level. If it is a higher level radio with an external amplifier it, maybe that quit working.
Old 11-06-2021
Registered!!

sc0096 is an unknown quantity at this point

One clarification: I actually changed the battery about 2 weeks ago and all was fine afterwards. But it was freezing cold out when I changed the battery and I couldn't get the clamp tight on the post. So yesterday once it warmed up, I removed the clamp and got it nice and tight and that is when I started having the radio issues. When I was working on it, a couple of times I would getting arcing between the terminal and cable as I was better positioning the clamp. I'm not sure if the quick on/off cycles would have hurt something?

Any thoughts?
I am experiencing an identical problem on my 8th gen after jumping the battery. Were you ever able to solve this issue?
Old 02-20-2023
Registered!!

Montoya is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone has similar problems and all have to do with battery but no solution still?