Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Replacing sunroof motor!!

Old 01-10-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob Vee is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Replacing sunroof motor!!

I have a 06 civic and my sunroof is popped up, I'm looking for step by step on how to remove headliner and replace sunroof motor.
thanks
Old 01-10-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replacing sunroof motor!!

Don't make more duplicate posts, they end up as clutter.

Does the roof motor run at all?
If it runs more or less okay but during closing it skips the stop point and runs to the popped up position, the control unit just needs programmed.

Will it try to run one direction? Have you diagnosed a real motor problem? Maybe it's a switch issue, wiring, mechanical problem, or an obstruction?

To gain access: drop the headliner as needed:
Remove trim from each pillar, remove sunvisors and clips if you're going to drop the front end, remove chicken handles, remove dome lights and trims, remove everything in the way of dropping the headliner down far enough to locate and access the sunroof motor, then do it to it.
Old 01-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

The motor,doesn't make any noise when when clicking the open / close switch. I tried to reset it,holding it for five seconds or something along those lines but tried this ages,ago. Has to be the motor. Thanks for the steps, just wish there was a video showing them. I've nvr taken the headliner down.
Old 01-12-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to invest in some service information?

https://techinfo.honda.com