Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Occasional slight "buck" / "miss"

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11CoupeEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Occasional slight "buck" / "miss"

As I cruise down the highway in my 2011 Civic EX coupe, every once in a while (maybe twice on my 20 mile highway run to work) I get this very mild little "buck" or what seems like a "miss". It goes away as quickly as it shows up. No engine light. At 65k I'm sure I'd be justified changing the coils and plugs, and I'd eliminate that possibility. I only notice it as I'm cruising on the highway and no other time. Always starts and idles fine and consistently. It seems like something electrical is failing very briefly, so maybe it is one of the ignition coils. Thoughts or experiences appreciated.
Old 12-20-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Occasional slight "buck" / "miss"

Test coils before blindly replacing.
With engine idling slightly lift coil from spark plugs and listen for spark..lifting further from coil should cause drop in idle.
Do all four one at a time.