Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

D16y8 Oil pump/seals replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chewbacca007 is an unknown quantity at this point
D16y8 Oil pump/seals replacement

Hey guys, I've got an oil pump that will prolly require new seals. If it isn't the seals on the pump itself, I'm prepared to replace any others, but I can't seem to find anything on the procedures involved with replacing the oil pump seals. 97 ex d16y8. Can ya help me out?
Old 09-14-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: D16y8 Oil pump/seals replacement

Originally Posted by Chewbacca007
Hey guys, I've got an oil pump that will prolly require new seals. If it isn't the seals on the pump itself, I'm prepared to replace any others, but I can't seem to find anything on the procedures involved with replacing the oil pump seals. 97 ex d16y8. Can ya help me out?

Link to download free service manual: http://yblegal.net/wp-content/upload...ice-Manual.pdf

More info: https://car-repairs.knoji.com/how-to...d16y8-engines/

Last edited by Wankenstein; 09-14-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-14-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D16y8 Oil pump/seals replacement

Pics (2) from a D17Ax oil pump reseal....probably 180k miles on it:

Name:  rklOkGV.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  718.6 KBName:  vzEbGxZ.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  4.35 MB