Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

09 civic coupe ex 1.8l

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OTFJ is an unknown quantity at this point
09 civic coupe ex 1.8l

I have a 09 civic coupe and car ran fine for years. The other day the car would not start. All lights work battery is charge fuses are all fine. I turn the key and it sounds like it's going to start but never does. I thought main relay but I could not find one. Finally after hrs of messing with it I use some starter fluid and it started for maybe 30sec. I don't know what else to Do.

Last edited by OTFJ; 05-14-2017 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-14-2017
Registered!!

Civic won't start

I have a 09 civic coupe and car ran fine for years. The other day the car would not start. All lights work battery is charge fuses are all fine. I turn the key and it sounds like it's going to start but never does. I thought main relay but I could not find one. Finally after hrs of messing with it I use some starter fluid and it started for maybe 30sec. I don't know what else to Do.
Old 05-14-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 09 civic coupe ex 1.8l

if it cranks but doesn't start, it's not the main relay.

Any check engine light? Check for fuel and/or spark?
Old 05-14-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Civic won't start

Originally Posted by OTFJ

Check fuel pressure.
Is starter dragging?
Old 05-14-2017
Registered!!

Thanks guys. No check engine light and starter is not dragging. How would you recommend to check fuel pressure?
Old 05-14-2017
Registered!!

I'm don't believe it's getting spark, what would be my next route?
Old 05-14-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OTFJ
I'm don't believe it's getting spark, what would be my next route?
You said you used starter fluid and it ran, therefore you have spark.

What you are missing is fuel.

Fuel pump isn't pumping for some reason?
Injectors aren't opening for some reason?
Injectors aren't opening long enough due to incorrect calculation by the PCM?

In my area rodents love to chew important wires. Some get up on top of the gas tank and gnaw wires for the pump.....and sometimes they even eat through the fuel lines.
Old 05-15-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ezone
In my area rodents love to chew important wires. Some get up on top of the gas tank and gnaw wires for the pump.....and sometimes they even eat through the fuel lines.
Varmint dicks!