Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Minor oil seep

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wesley_g is an unknown quantity at this point
Minor oil seep

When getting my 2010 Honda civic checked shortly after I got it, my mechanic said that it had a minor valve cover leak, but nothing too serious, though the bottom of the transmission is where I did notice some of the wetness, though it is hard to tell and I could not find where it was seeping at the cover, just hope it does not have a rear main seal as well. He quoted about $300 for fixing the valve cover.

Though I do have some concerns when he said that it had a CVT and they are known to leak a bit, maybe he did not remember the year of my car.
Old 09-24-2016
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: Minor oil seep

What country are you in? Is is a hybrid?

In the US they have no cover on the bottom of the trans like a trans pan unless it is a hybrid. The normal trans car have a tendency to weep a little around the case seam. If it is just a light film and not actively wet it might be common and nothing to worry about.

If it is the 1.8L it is much more common to find the oil separator baffle on the back of the engine to leak than it is to find a valve cover leak.
Old 09-24-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wesley_g is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Minor oil seep

Originally Posted by mcnoople
What country are you in? Is is a hybrid?

In the US they have no cover on the bottom of the trans like a trans pan unless it is a hybrid. The normal trans car have a tendency to weep a little around the case seam. If it is just a light film and not actively wet it might be common and nothing to worry about.

If it is the 1.8L it is much more common to find the oil separator baffle on the back of the engine to leak than it is to find a valve cover leak.
It is an LX not a hybrid, it does use a 1.8, and I am in the US. Did not even know about the oil separator baffle, still learning about this vehicle.