General Post General Issues questions here that does not fit other sections

2007 Hybrid shudder/vibration after stop then go

Old 09-20-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mgrantaz is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Hybrid shudder/vibration after stop then go

My 2007 Civic Hybrid shakes, shudders, and makes a loud noise coming from the engine area AFTER I stop the car/engine at a light THEN release the brakes. It is very loud (other cars can hear it). It seems to be related to letting up on the brakes. If I let up on the brakes VERY slowly, it is much less. It was checked by a dealer a year ago and they said everything was "normal." It is much worse in the Phoenix hot summer months. It stops normally without noise or vibration.

Some of you might say it is the motor mounts...I had one replaced a year ago. The dealer said another one looked bad and would need changing soon. The new one installed didn't affect the vibration/noise problem.

Some of you may say to flush the CVT fluid and replace with new. I have had it done once or twice, but maybe it is due again. Mileage is 140,000.
Old 09-20-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2007 Hybrid shudder/vibration after stop then go

Got video?
Old 09-21-2015
Registered!!

Sorry, no video. I don't think I could do it and probably wouldn't help.
Old 09-21-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Ok then since you state the noise occurs upon releasing the brake pedal I assume the car would not be moving at that time.... So is the problem in the brake system or in the transmission?
Old 09-21-2015
Registered!!

I think it all has to do with the brakes. Hybrids have auto-stop, so when I brake completely and stop, like for a traffic signal, the engine stops. Sometimes I get a smaller shudder/vibration when I am braking to a stop. Not all the time.

But after I release the brakes on a green light and it auto-starts, and it starts to move, is primarily when the loud noise, shudder, and vibration occurs. And it is worse on a hot day after the engine is fully warmed up. There is less vibration and noise if I am easy on letting up on the brake.

When I took this to my dealer for this last year, he couldn't find anything wrong. Has anyone else with a Civic Hybrid had this same problem?

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2015

When I took this to my dealer for this last year, he couldn't find anything wrong.
You NEED to demonstrate the problem to the tech (hopefully) or advisor so everyone involved knows exactly what you hear or feel and they can see how you reproduce it.

You can't just say "it makes a noise" and let them try to figure it out.
Old 05-02-2022
Non
Registered!!

Non is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey mate, hope you’re doing well!

so, I’m struggling the same problem with mine one I’d like to know if you fix it and what was the problem?

thank you, have a good day!