Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

AC NOT WORKING, 2010 honda civic coupe ex 81k miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmrflores is an unknown quantity at this point
AC NOT WORKING, 2010 honda civic coupe ex 81k miles

hello all, im new here. summer is here and ac decided to crap on me. heater and fans work fine and freon charge is within normal range

first mechanic says no power is going to the compressor so it is electrical issue with either faulty relay, switch, fuse and or wiring. the second place i went to is a honda dealership where they charged me 130 for full ac diagnose. everything is fine except faulty compressor and is tearing itself apart internally and can hear an odd scrapping knocking noise when running idle. they want to charge me 1300$!!! ive heard some bad stories coming in and out of honda dealers costing an arm and leg for honda owners for unnecessary labor. at the moment im still looking into any open class lawsuits to see if my car applies. if any one has any experience or stories to share they will be much appreciated. please help!!! thanks and much grattitude

Last edited by hmrflores; 06-18-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-18-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AC NOT WORKING, 2010 honda civic coupe ex 81k miles

first mechanic says no power is going to the compressor so it is electrical issue with either faulty relay, switch, fuse and or wiring.
This guy should be able to prove if the compressor will work or not.

Why can't he figure out the electrical issue?

except faulty compressor and is tearing itself apart internally and can hear an odd scrapping knocking noise when running idle
Do YOU hear this?

ive heard some bad stories coming in and out of honda dealers costing an arm and leg for honda owners for unnecessary labor.

at the moment im still looking into any open class lawsuits to see if my car applies.
Nope.
Old 06-20-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmrflores is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: AC NOT WORKING, 2010 honda civic coupe ex 81k miles

sorry for the late reply...had no internet. yeah there was an odd knocking coming from the compressor, i even heard it myself. and yeah my ac does not apply to the warranty on the up side it turns out it was only the compressor that was not properly working. $1,300 my car is back on the road