Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

this weird noise on my civic 2008 ex ,,, coming from near oil pressure sender ,,,

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ankurdabas is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: this weird noise on my civic 2008 ex ,,, coming from near oil pressure sender ,,,

Originally Posted by ezone
Look in the steering fluid reservoir. Is it low?
Look inside that reservoir while the engine is running. Does the fluid appear to be foamy? (aerated fluid)

To my ear, I did not think the noise sounded like air in the steering.
Whats ur guess about the noise
Old 08-22-2014
Registered!!

Re: this weird noise on my civic 2008 ex ,,, coming from near oil pressure sender ,,,

Originally Posted by ankurdabas
Whats ur guess about the noise
And akso what to call this noise ?? Like knocking tapping grinding or what ??
Old 08-22-2014
Registered!!

Look in the steering fluid reservoir. Is it low?
Look inside that reservoir while the engine is running. Does the fluid appear to be foamy? (aerated fluid)

To my ear, I did not think the noise sounded like air in the steering.
Thia noise comes on fill warmup ... And appeared after oil filter change ..
Old 08-22-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ankurdabas
Thia noise comes on fill warmup ... And appeared after oil filter change ..
Maybe the oil is not full?
Maybe someone filled it with a wrong oil?

How many miles or KMs does the car have on it?

How frequently has the oil changes been serviced? Neglected or ignored services? Discount or low quality oil changes?
Old 08-25-2014
Registered!!

How frequently has the oil changes been serviced? Neglected or ignored services? Discount or low quality oil changes?
Ok lets end this thread very soon ..

Almost at end of my diagnosis .. please tell me all the major sources of vacuum lines or vacuum devices or any part where air circulation or intake is done .. plz let me know it as soon s u read thia thread .. you seem to be a helpful man over this forum. And i am sure you will help me sort it out ..

Also note a latest finding .. THIS NOISE COMES ONLY AT WARM ENGINE . AT COLD START ENGINE SOUNDS SWEET ... AND ALSO IT COMES ONLY AT LOW RPM AT HIGH RPM IT FAFES AWAY AND RETURNS AS THE RPM COMES TO IDLE OR NEAR IDLE ...
Old 08-25-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

please tell me all the major sources of vacuum lines or vacuum devices or any part where air circulation or intake is done ..
Everything within the plastic intake manifold and all the vacuum hoses connected to it. And that passage leading to the EGR valve. And the brake booster. And the air filter box. And maybe some other stuff (yet unknown to me) that goes with your CNG/LP conversion.

Please try to answer these questions:

Quote:

Poor oil quality, incorrect oil specification, and oil service neglect, all may contribute greatly to premature timing chain wear.
Old 08-25-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Sounds like metal on metal. Which would be one result of extremely low oil. Like ezone said, change the oil and see what happens.
Old 08-31-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lazlong
Sounds like metal on metal. Which would be one result of extremely low oil. Like ezone said, change the oil and see what happens.
Any thought on this :?:? Came after oil change..
Old 08-31-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lazlong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hngi...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-31-2014
Registered!!

Everything within the plastic intake manifold and all the vacuum hoses connected to it. And that passage leading to the EGR valve. And the brake booster. And the air filter box. And maybe some other stuff (yet unknown to me) that goes with your CNG/LP conversion.

Please try to answer these questions:

Poor oil quality, incorrect oil specification, and oil service neglect, all may contribute greatly to premature timing chain wear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hngi...ature=youtu.be

This noise .. tell me ur opinion .. this is the only issue left as of now
Old 09-03-2014
Registered!!

noise from oil filter ???

Noise from civic 2008 ex after oil changr and oil filter change ..

My guess is oil filter .. tell me urs guys .. m screwed .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hngi...ature=youtu.be

give your suggestions.. this noise comes after a long drive only..
Old 09-03-2014
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: noise from oil filter ???

What ever you do check your oil level, because it is possible you have a faulty filter that could leak or a double gasketed filter which could leak or spin off. I don't think the oil filter can make a sound, It is just a fiber filter inside a metal can, with a spring. I've never heard one make that rattling sound. What it does sound like is a loose heat shield or exhaust component.

Go back to the shop and get them to check it out. They may try to cover their *** so listen to what they say and also think about what you think is going on to. Ask if you could go into the pit and check it with them, but they'll probably say no, which is common for safety issues since oil pits are slippery as Fucc.
Old 09-03-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25
What ever you do check your oil level, because it is possible you have a faulty filter that could leak or a double gasketed filter which could leak or spin off. I don't think the oil filter can make a sound, It is just a fiber filter inside a metal can, with a spring. I've never heard one make that rattling sound. What it does sound like is a loose heat shield or exhaust component.

Go back to the shop and get them to check it out. They may try to cover their *** so listen to what they say and also think about what you think is going on to. Ask if you could go into the pit and check it with them, but they'll probably say no, which is common for safety issues since oil pits are slippery as Fucc.
Just help me make sure ....Is it some sort of engine noise ???

Or i m being paranoid bout that ?

Any suggestions ?? Othr than heat shield ?
Old 09-03-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25

And ya .. oil is full .. no sign of leakage . And the noise comes after long run ..and increase with rpm