Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

09 Civic EX Coupe Trembling Issue on Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ray.vara is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 09 Civic EX Coupe Trembling Issue on Reverse

Hi Guys,

Please I need some help, I just bought a used 09 Civic Coupe EX with 45K on it, right now is at 47800 and all the sudden when it sleeps overnight (so its cold) it has some serious trembling when I start it and go Reverse or Parking, the weird thing is that when it warms up it doesn't tremble anymore, and in Neutral or Drive doesn't do it either, is pretty much when it stays parked overnight.
I went to the mechanic and they told me to replace the 4 engine Mounts, obviously the labor is over 350 dollars plus the parts another couple of hundreds on eBay and I'm not even sure that's the real problem and I don't want to waste money replacing something that's not broken. I don't drive it hard, I take pretty good care of it and this is driving me crazy

Can any Civic Guru help me out on this one

Thanks in advance,

Ray
Old 01-08-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 09 Civic EX Coupe Trembling Issue on Reverse

If it is horrible, and goes away completely in one gear or another, it's ONE motor mount. Right side, at the nose of the engine. Common problem on earlier cars, but I don't think I've seen one on an 09 though....

Read this post by Gunner, there's pics and everything: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/197-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/342963-2008-honda-civic-vibrates-parking-reverse-gear.html#post4577741

Could that be your issue?

Got snow? Hard packed and frozen snow in the wrong places can cause horrible vibration problems.

Crash damage can cause all sorts of unusual problems too.

HTH

Last edited by ezone; 01-08-2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Wrong link!