Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Transmission fluid pressure switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Transmission fluid pressure switch

Originally Posted by JrFreak
I got P0848 code on my 2008 Civic two days ago. Did a fluid change and still is in. I ordered a new switch that should be in tomorrow. Hopefully that fixes issue. Car drives fine and shifts smoothly.
Check for rodent damage to the wire for that switch, that's real common in my corner of the planet LOL
Old 08-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZillaG is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the Honda part# for the 3rd pressure switch? I searched online and got 28600-RPC-003. However, my wife went to the Honda dealership today, showed them the Autozone P0847 3rd pressure switch diagnostic report, and they gave her the 28600-RPC-004. They're both called "Automatic Transmission Oil Pressure Switch" and look very similar. I need to know if I have the correct part before I install it tomorrow. Thanks!

Last edited by ZillaG; 08-16-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-16-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZillaG
What is the Honda part# for the 3rd pressure switch? I searched online and got 28600-RPC-003. However, my wife went to the Honda dealership today, showed them the Autozone P0847 3rd pressure switch diagnostic report, and they gave her the 28600-RPC-004. They're both called "Automatic Transmission Oil Pressure Switch" and look very similar. I need to know if I have the correct part before I install it tomorrow. Thanks!
What year car?

It's wrong.
But first, let me explain how this happens.......

First, the tech (me) does the diagnosis: Scanner, fault code, trace and confirm wiring, confirm PCM recognizes the input from that particular wire......and most importantly, make sure WHICH pressure switch is involved because there is more than one.... So I determine I need 3rd gear pressure switch. And its gasket.

I go to parts department and ask for the "3rd gear pressure switch" and they just look at me like I have a 3rd eye in the middle of my forehead.

The parts catalog never identifies what either pressure switch is for, no fault code, nothing even resembling "2nd gear" nor "3rd gear"......and there isn't a soul behind the parts counter that has ever picked up a wrench, so these stupid switches all look exactly the same. They really do look the same too. They aren't. IDK what exactly is different, but they are different.

So I have to go behind the counter to point out WHICH of the pressure switches I need to fix the car.
Remember I figured out where it is during the diag steps.

Do you know where the pressure switch for 3rd gear is on your trans?
Does your wife know?

3rd gear (clutch) pressure switch # 28600-RPC-013 (superseded number)
You want the gasket too, # 90471-PW7-A00
Old 08-17-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
What year car?

It's wrong.

First, the tech (me) does the diagnosis: Scanner, fault code, trace and confirm wiring, confirm PCM recognizes the input from that particular wire......and most importantly, make sure WHICH pressure switch is involved because there is more than one.... So I determine I need 3rd gear pressure switch. And its gasket.

I go to parts department and ask for the "3rd gear pressure switch" and they just look at me like I have a 3rd eye in the middle of my forehead.

The parts catalog never identifies what either pressure switch is for, no fault code, nothing even resembling "2nd gear" nor "3rd gear"......and there isn't a soul behind the parts counter that has ever picked up a wrench, so these stupid switches all look exactly the same. They really do look the same too. They aren't. IDK what exactly is different, but they are different.

So I have to go behind the counter to point out WHICH of the pressure switches I need to fix the car.

Does your wife know?

Sorry I should've mentioned that it's a 2008 Honda Civic 4 cylinder. I only have this
to tell me where the part is.
Old 08-17-2017
Registered!!

What year car?

It's wrong.

Does your wife know?

Sorry, I should've mentioned it's a 2008 Civic DX 4 cylinder automatic sedan. I only know the location base on web search like this one

Last edited by ZillaG; 08-17-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-17-2017

Yea it's the one accessed from under the front of the car.

The other one would be accessed from up top.
Old 08-18-2017
Registered!!

I personally went to the Honda dealership parts counter, and they SHOWED me on their system that both 28600-RPC-003 and *-013 have been superseded by 28600-RPC-004. So I installed the part today. The connector part is brown instead of yellow like the original part, and it is longer than the original part. We'll see how she goes.
Old 08-18-2017

Originally Posted by ZillaG
I personally went to the Honda dealership parts counter, and they SHOWED me on their system that both 28600-RPC-003 and *-013 have been superseded by 28600-RPC-004.
I haven't found anything to verify this....but then my job really isn't working the parts department, so.....

I can tell you the 2nd and 3rd clutch packs have identical hydraulic pressure specs so it stands to reason the switches could be interchangeable as far as pressure ratings goes.

So I installed the part today. The connector part is brown instead of yellow like the original part, and it is longer than the original part. We'll see how she goes.
Old 12-29-2017
Registered!!

rdelrio is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine Light + blinking D + CODE P0848

Hello, can someone please help me? my car is a honda civic lx 2006 automatic. So i had a broken solenoid B and with a ODB II CODE PO966
P0966: Pressure Control Solenoid B Control Circuit Low
· I replace the broken solenoid
· Code P0966 was erase but code P0848 appear and there was a delay shifting while driving
P0848: Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch B Circuit High
- I change the transmission fluid with the certified honda transmission fluid
- I check on the wires connected to the transmission fluid pressure sensor
· I replace the transmission Fluid Pressure sensor/switch
· Code P0848 still appears and there’s a delay shifting while driving
· I remove the solenoid B from the car and check for any contamination or any blockage in the filters.
· Code P0848 still appears!
I need help!!
Old 12-29-2017

Re: Engine Light + blinking D + CODE P0848

Originally Posted by rdelrio
Hello, can someone please help me? my car is a honda civic lx 2006 automatic. So i had a broken solenoid B and with a ODB II CODE PO966
P0966: Pressure Control Solenoid B Control Circuit Low
· I replace the broken solenoid
· Code P0966 was erase but code P0848 appear and there was a delay shifting while driving
P0848: Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch B Circuit High
- I change the transmission fluid with the certified honda transmission fluid
- I check on the wires connected to the transmission fluid pressure sensor
· I replace the transmission Fluid Pressure sensor/switch
· Code P0848 still appears and there’s a delay shifting while driving
· I remove the solenoid B from the car and check for any contamination or any blockage in the filters.
· Code P0848 still appears!
I need help!!
P0848 is 3rd clutch pressure switch ---fault is: open circuit (mouse chewed wire is common in my area) or switch stuck off (bad switch is very common) and a possibility of an internal trans problem--if the trans doesn't supply pressure to the 3rd gear clutch pack

Which pressure switch did you replace?
Did you get the switch from a dealership?
This should be the single wire switch down low in front of the trans, you'd have to slide under the front of the car to reach it.
Old 12-31-2017
Registered!!

rdelrio is an unknown quantity at this point

I change the 3rd clutch transmission fluid pressure switch and i got the part from Autozone. how do i know its time to change the whole transmission?
Old 01-01-2018

Originally Posted by rdelrio
I change the 3rd clutch transmission fluid pressure switch
There's more than one pressure switch on the transmission. Did you replace the correct switch?

Was it even a switch problem in the first place? Wiring problem ruled out through continuity, voltage, and/or scanner testing?

--

Is this a brand new problem that coincides with your replacement B solenoid?
Recheck that work?
Was that a genuine Honda part installed?
Did the trans have any problems prior to the B solenoid breaking?
Old 01-08-2018
Registered!!

Dburachok is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my po847 code come up as well. Replaced 3rd gear switch and the light keeps coming on intermittently now. Lasted 3 days before it came back on the last time. Fluid is at the perfect level and real clean. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
dan
Old 01-08-2018

Originally Posted by Dburachok
I had my po847 code come up as well. Replaced 3rd gear switch and the light keeps coming on intermittently now. Lasted 3 days before it came back on the last time. Fluid is at the perfect level and real clean. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
dan
There's more than one pressure switch on the transmission. Did you replace the wrong switch?
Old 08-15-2018
Registered!!

euskadi9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having this exact problem and I've tested everything out to know it's the switch. Does anyone have a part number or a link to one that works on a 2010 Civic? I pulled the current sensor and the only thing on it is "LV918CZB" which doesn't turn up anything. Google searches are giving me about five different sensors from a range of $11-$74. If anybody could direct me where to find this, I'd be super grateful.
Old 08-15-2018

Originally Posted by euskadi9999
I'm having this exact problem and I've tested everything out to know it's the switch. Does anyone have a part number or a link to one that works on a 2010 Civic? I pulled the current sensor and the only thing on it is "LV918CZB" which doesn't turn up anything. Google searches are giving me about five different sensors from a range of $11-$74. If anybody could direct me where to find this, I'd be super grateful.
Many answers in thread.
Every Honda dealer can get the correct part.
You may need to pick out which pressure switch you need.
Most parts people don't know or care that there is more than one choice of switch, they almost always run with the first one they find, and you could get burned by that.
They are not the same.

Honda parts sites with real parts catalogs to check your own parts, most or all of these sell genuine parts at wholesale prices:
hondapartsnow
hondapartscheap
bkhondaparts
hondaautomotiveparts
hondapartsconnection
.com

I'm sure there are more if you want to search

Don't forget a new gasket with the new switch
HTH
Old 06-04-2019
Registered!!

MC_Civic2018AT is an unknown quantity at this point

**correction to the yr model - it's 2008***

Found this thread and the issue is similar to mine. Issue still persists. Hope someone can help. I have a Honda Civic 1.8s 2008 AT. I feel hard shifting, delay when changing from P to R or D to R. Jerking when car changes gear. This happens intermittently. Some days it shifts fine then all of a sudden its back to hard shifting. Went to the honda dealer they ran a transmission diagnostic test. Said spark plug is bad and throttle body need cleaning. I have those done. 4 Spark plug changed, thottle body cleaned. Car was fine for a couple of days. Now I feel the hard shifting again! Please help!! Btw, I did notice the D ligjt blinking before. This is before I experienced the hard shifting. Now I don't have the D light blink but I I'm experiencing intermittent hard shifting!

Last edited by MC_Civic2018AT; 06-04-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-04-2019

Originally Posted by MC_Civic2018AT
I have a Honda Civic 1.8s 2018 AT.
2018? Still under warranty? Get a better tech at your dealer or find a different dealer.
Old 06-04-2019
Registered!!

MC_Civic2018AT is an unknown quantity at this point

2018? Still under warranty? Get a better tech at your dealer or find a different dealer.
Sorry, it's year 2008..
Old 06-09-2019

Originally Posted by MC_Civic2018AT
**correction to the yr model - it's 2008***

Found this thread and the issue is similar to mine. Issue still persists. Hope someone can help. I have a Honda Civic 1.8s 2008 AT. I feel hard shifting, delay when changing from P to R or D to R. Jerking when car changes gear. This happens intermittently. Some days it shifts fine then all of a sudden its back to hard shifting. Went to the honda dealer they ran a transmission diagnostic test. Said spark plug is bad and throttle body need cleaning. I have those done. 4 Spark plug changed, thottle body cleaned. Car was fine for a couple of days. Now I feel the hard shifting again! Please help!! Btw, I did notice the D ligjt blinking before. This is before I experienced the hard shifting. Now I don't have the D light blink but I I'm experiencing intermittent hard shifting!
You HAD the D light blinking so it HAD a fault code related to the transmission, do you know what that code number was?
Does your car have any fault codes related to transmission or engine now?

One of the more common issues I see regularly is a shaking or shudder feeling either during or immediately after the trans makes a shift, (sometimes under other conditions too).....quite often this is resolved with a basic trans fluid service drain and fill (or three or four times depending on fluid condition and service history). This issue does not generate any fault codes
Old 07-17-2019
Registered!!

Amit Ashar is an unknown quantity at this point

My Civic is 2008 auto and suddenly I've got D indicator blinking light and it's jerking in any gear shift....
Old 07-17-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Amit Ashar
My Civic is 2008 auto and suddenly I've got D indicator blinking light and it's jerking in any gear shift....

Old 07-17-2019
Registered!!

Will this replacement of pressure switch solve the problem ??? And it isnt available here in Mumbai India....

[/QUOTE]
Old 09-16-2020
Registered!!

sanishik is an unknown quantity at this point

Based on Honda Both the sensor are exactly same; as show in the picture for 2012 civic