Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

New 07 civic owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aaron7 is an unknown quantity at this point
New 07 civic owner

Hey guys, so I joined the civic world last, last saturday when i bought a 07 coupe ex. I've been driving it almost every day and love it so far... but, there is one little thing I would like to get some advice on.
Sometimes when the car starts cold it makes a weird noise for like a half a second to a second. It sounds kind of like when you clench your teeth and blow through them. Kind of annoying, but since it doesn't seem to really cause any damage, I'm not sure whether to look into it or not. But, being a teen who has just emptied my savings pretty much, im a little paranoid about this kind of stuff.
any suggestions?
thanks,
Aaron
Old 01-23-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New 07 civic owner

It sounds kind of like when you clench your teeth and blow through them.
Boy, that was real freekin descriptive.....not.

Post a recording/video of the noise so the rest of us can hear.

Got oil?

Where does the noise come from?
How would a blind person locate the noise?
Use all your senses.
Old 01-23-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aaron7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol! Ok I'll post a video sometime today.
The noise comes from under the hood, surprise. I have not tried having someone start it for me while I watch with the hood open. But when just starting it from the drivers seat I can't really tell where exactly under the hood it is.

Oil changed last wk.

So you don't think it would be a gd idea to go to autozone and make the "clenched teeth sound" ? lol jk

Vid coming soon...
Old 01-23-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I have not tried having someone start it for me while I watch with the hood open.
It makes a whole lot more sense to me to do this first, before posting in a forum where nobody can hear it.

So you don't think it would be a gd idea to go to autozone and make the "clenched teeth sound" ? lol jk
Teeth clench and grind....Is that with or without meth?