Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Honda has extended the warranty on paint.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dnice78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda has extended the warranty on paint.

Like the Title said, on some of the 8th Gen's (06-07 I think). I know NHBP, not sure what other colors, is warrantied for the front fenders/hood, and depending on your service adviser the roof.
The reason for this extension is the infamous crow's feet... now if only they would do it for 3rd gear. Moral of the story, if you're having Crow feet issues with your car and have not received a letter, head into the dealership and talk to a service adviser
Old 10-30-2012
Tyler

Tylerholman is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Honda has extended the warranty on paint.

Hey guy I got a letter in the mail few week back about a paint warranty extension, and notice that my hood has been cracking so I decide too take it to Nelson Honda in El Monte.
They sent it to Fix Auto " l" Monty body shop And Nelson Honda took really good care of me and Fix Auto "l" Monty did a great job on my on si it looks better then before!
Old 10-31-2012
Registered!!

bnixon157 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Honda has extended the warranty on paint.

yeah got the letter telling me about the extended warranty and decided to bring my car to Nelson Honda in El Monte, CA. They preferred me to Fix Auto El Monte Body Shop, and i got my roof and hood painted due to sun spots and cracking. The work was excellent! Best part about it was that Nelson Honda paid for it all haha Name:  image001.png
Views: 4847
Size:  240.7 KB
Old 04-09-2014
Registered!!

aztony is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have a pic of what this crow's feet issue looks like? Doesn't the rest of the car's paint job look off if they only repaint the hood and roof?
Old 05-16-2014
Registered!!

Megacam is an unknown quantity at this point

I have this on the hood on my "07 Civic. I was thinking of trying some rubbing compound on it. Guess I'll try to talk to the dealer, but with 190k miles on it I'm thinking they might not do anything about it
Old 05-16-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megacam
I have this on the hood on my "07 Civic. I was thinking of trying some rubbing compound on it. Guess I'll try to talk to the dealer, but with 190k miles on it I'm thinking they might not do anything about it
Warranty was extended to 7 years from date of original purchase with no mileage limit.

There are other limitations too (original paint, valid VIN report, etc..), your dealer has to do some checking on your car in person.

Hurry!
Old 05-16-2014
Registered!!

Megacam is an unknown quantity at this point

Doh! bought it in March '07
Have the Nighthawk Black Pearl paint and never received a letter from Honda, so I'll try to take it in soon and see what they'll do. Thanks for the info!
Old 05-16-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megacam
Doh! bought it in March '07
Have the Nighthawk Black Pearl paint and never received a letter from Honda, so I'll try to take it in soon and see what they'll do. Thanks for the info!
More info:

Check the info in your letter
Quote:
"If this extended warranty has already expired based on
the original date of purchase, American Honda is
further extending the warranty 6 months from the
mailing date of the notification letter.
"

So check the date on your letter!

EDIT: Damn I can't read. You did NOT get a letter........You are not the original owner? IDK what next.