Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Windshield Wiper Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NJCurmudgeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Windshield Wiper Problem

I have a 2006 Honda Civic. Over the last couple of months, I have developed an intermittent problem with the windshield wipers. Examples of this include:

- When I click it to just wipe once, it will wipe multiple times an sometimes (though not always) stop in a position other than "parked," such as fully up along the sides of the window or anywhere in the middle.

- When I have them on the lowest intermittent setting, instead of just wiping once every so many seconds, they will wipe two, three or more times and then sometimes stop not in "parked" as described above. The same things happens at higher speeds, though not in the normal (constant) or high speeds.

This only happens when it is raining/snowing - and not just because that's only when I have them on. I have let them run under dry conditions and they works normally. So I am guessing there is a short somewhere that it being affected by the moisture?

Any suggestions what might be happening and how I can fix it would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old 05-02-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Windshield Wiper Problem

This is pretty common on early 8th gens, the "park switch" inside the wiper motor is the problem.

Search over at the 8th gen Civic site for more info.

The fix is replacement of the wiper motor.
Old 05-02-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Not anymore. The switch plate is available by itself for the 4 door car.

$15.52 retail

Linkypoo: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/hy...ot_parking.pdf
Old 05-03-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I stand corrected.
Old 05-03-2012
Registered!!

NJCurmudgeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys! I will try it and report back if it worked. I appreciate the info.
Old 05-03-2012

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJCurmudgeon
Thanks guys! I will try it and report back if it worked. I appreciate the info.
You still have to get the wiper motor out to change the part. It is a piece of work.
Plan on an hour, minimum. More if you are an amateur.

Don't break the windshield!!!!
Old 04-11-2022
Registered!!

Lakshay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NJCurmudgeon
I have a 2006 Honda Civic. Over the last couple of months, I have developed an intermittent problem with the windshield wipers. Examples of this include:

- When I click it to just wipe once, it will wipe multiple times an sometimes (though not always) stop in a position other than "parked," such as fully up along the sides of the window or anywhere in the middle.

- When I have them on the lowest intermittent setting, instead of just wiping once every so many seconds, they will wipe two, three or more times and then sometimes stop not in "parked" as described above. The same things happens at higher speeds, though not in the normal (constant) or high speeds.

This only happens when it is raining/snowing - and not just because that's only when I have them on. I have let them run under dry conditions and they works normally. So I am guessing there is a short somewhere that it being affected by the moisture?

Any suggestions what might be happening and how I can fix it would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Hi I got the same issue is your issue is resolved yet
Old 04-11-2022
Registered!!

Hi actually I am also having same issue. So is your car fixed now?
Old 04-12-2022
Super Moderator

Received 1,841 Likes on 1,298 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

10 year old thread. Start your own.
Old 04-12-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

you have a solution posted out. Have you at least tried it before asking?
Old 04-12-2022
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
you have a solution posted out. Have you at least tried it before asking?
yes I changed the whole motor took it from old car but still its working the same
Old 05-03-2022

Originally Posted by Lakshay
yes I changed the whole motor took it from old car but still its working the same
Sounds like your new used wiper motor has the same problem.