Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Po717

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotndawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Po717

I have an 07 civic auto with 140kms that has a transmission code for the turbine speed sensor input, the car clunks hard when shifted into drive or reverse and takes a long time to shift into high gear. Has anyone replaced this sensor? where is it? internal or external ? or should I just drop another trans in it, $800 for a low millage trany from a junkyard.
Thanks in advance for any advice or help.
Old 02-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Po717

The service manual says that code is electrical NOT mechanical so, replacing the tranny will do no good. The sensor should be right on top of the tranny, it's a 2P connector. Check the fit and if it's ok then ohm it out. You should get 400-600 ohms. If you don't get 400-600 ohms then replace the sensor.
Old 02-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotndawg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info, I think i solved my problem, i changed the trans fluid a couple times and the code hasnt come back and it now shifts great. I guess i should pay more attention to maintaince schedules.
Old 02-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rotndawg
Thanks for the info, I think i solved my problem, i changed the trans fluid a couple times and the code hasnt come back and it now shifts great. I guess i should pay more attention to maintaince schedules.
lol. We've all done it. Lesson learned. Good thing it wasn't too costly.