Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

No Compression in two of cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wetpinkpants is on a distinguished road
No Compression in two of cylinders

I have a 2001 Honda Civic LX and the car will only start if I hold the gas pedal all the way down and it runs rough and rich as soon as I let off the gas pedal it dies. I did a compression test and I only got two of them to read right The other two nothing I was thinking a bent or a stuck valve. I can turn the crankshaft by hand and It dont feel like any bad spots. any idea? Thank you
Old 01-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: No Compression in two of cylinders

Sounds like a bent or stuck valve as you might surmise. Could also be bad rings or headgasket, cracked head or block. Try seafoaming it before you pull the head.

BTW: You have a fuel injected car. Pressing on the gas while starting does absolutely nothing to help it start. As a matter of fact, by pressing on the pedal you're telling the comp to not add fuel. The comp won't add fuel until the car actually starts. Pressing the pedal down only works on cars with carbs.
Old 01-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wetpinkpants is on a distinguished road
Re: No Compression in two of cylinders

Is their a certain way to do the seafoam ? As far as the gas pedal I understand about that but that was the only thing that seem to work. Thank you