Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

2006 honda civic cruise control not engaging

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mougwia is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 honda civic cruise control not engaging

OK here's a summary of the issue. When I initially push the button to engage cruise control, nothing happens. I have to take my right foot and tap on the brake pedal sidways, then cruise control will engage everytime.???
It took several months to figure this out, but it works everytime.
I've nosed around under the dash looking at the brake pedal and noticed there is button that the pedal makes contract with when not depressed. I'm guessing there is an issue with the button????
Anyone have similar situation? What was the fix? Thanks
Old 11-09-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2006 honda civic cruise control not engaging

yeah it is the cruise safety shutoff switch. something must be getting stuck, and the module thinks you are pressing the brake so it cuts off the cruise. it may be a bad switch or not sitting in the proper position. see if you can take it apart and figure out how it works, maybe it needs lube or is cracked.
Old 11-09-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mougwia is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2006 honda civic cruise control not engaging

Thanks gearbox. I actually will attempt to tear into the switch in a few days. I have been waiting for the Haynes manual to become available for the 2006 civic and not until last month has it FINALLY become available. I think Honda has been paying them off to not issue the manual so more people will be forced to take their vehicles to a Honda garage. Anyway, just order the manual today from their website and will take a look at the switch. Thanks again.