Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

2006 EX Wiper Motor Cover Plate Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLR06EX is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 EX Wiper Motor Cover Plate Replacement

Anyone know where I can locate these diagrams? I need them so that I can replace the wiper motor cover plate on my civic. The dealership quoted me $545 to do it and I quoted him George Jefferson.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: 2006 EX Wiper Motor Cover Plate Replacement

Plate? I'm assuming you mean the cowl (the cover over the wiper motor between the hood and windshield).

To remove the cowl:

Tools required- 10mm socket, flathead screwdriver, trim tool, extra body pins like the kind in the cowl (you'll probably break some getting them out)

1. Remove windshield side trim. They are held on with metal snaps and just pry off. *Use a trim tool so you don't ruin anything. If you can't use a trim tool use the thinnest flathead you have. Make sure to put tape on the paint whether you use a trim tool or flathead so you don't ruin it.

2. Remove the nut covers on the wiper arms.

3. Remove the wiper arm nuts then remove the arms. *Make sure to mark the arms before you take them off, if your one tooth off they won't swing right.

4. Open the hood and remove the hood seal on the front top edge of the cowl. *Be careful, they can rip easy sometimes.

5. Remove side seals.

6. Take your flathead and pry up all the body pins on the cowl. Once you take out the body pins there should be nothing holding on the cowl.

cheapest trim tools around: http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece...set-38386.html

btw- body pins are little plastic pins that look like this (as you see, I ruined mine getting it out. lol):
Name:  bodypin-cowl.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  74.6 KB

Last edited by lazlong; 10-21-2010 at 03:51 PM.