Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

ran my new 2010 civic off road - need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fonkus is an unknown quantity at this point
ran my new 2010 civic off road - need help

OK, I was going about 40-45 and not paying attention and ran the right front and rear tires off the road. A loud bump/bang/jolt rang through the car. I pulled back on the road and stopped at the next turn to inspect my new baby. The shoulder that I ran into was a couple inches lower then the road surface and is mud/dirt/grass. Here is what I found. There was no damage, scratches, etc anywhere on the visible exterior. The black rubber air dam/deflector under the front bumper had no scratches or damage either. The only thing I noticed was mud caked in the front right toe hook under the car and the tie bar (? the bar that runs from the front left wheel to the front right wheel) has a mud scrape. Other then that, no other apparent signs of damage and no other scrapes under the car.

Long story short - what should I do? Should I have the dealer put it in the air to inspect it? What could I have damaged and what should I ask the dealer to specifically inspect if I have them put it in the air. I have been paranoid about scratching/damaging/etc this car for the last couple months.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-04-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ran my new 2010 civic off road - need help

might need an alignment, otherwise youre prolly fine. just tell them what happened and to check the suspension parts.
Old 08-04-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

The car is trash now!

You need to sell the car to me for $5.00...NOW!
Old 08-04-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

i pay $5.5! start the bids!
Old 08-04-2010
Registered!!

herrerag92 is an unknown quantity at this point

i got 7.00 on it hehe
Old 08-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

$250.00 and the old lady.