Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Steering shakes when you turn the wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emmad is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Steering shakes when you turn the wheel

I was looking at a friends 2006 honda civic today because she had a belt that was making so much noise. After I sprayed it I had her start the motor to see if it had stopped. Sure enought nothing came from the belt and pullys. I did notice as I was scoping out her motor as it was running a potential problem. Under the alternator there was is bolt (accross form the fan) as the car was running the bolt was shaking. I had her turn the car off and the 4 inch bolt came right out. I also noticed that the threads were snapped. Can some one tell me what part that is under the alternater and if the 4 inch bolt holds it to the block? I am wondering if the violent shake when steering is something to do with the part not being properly connected. The power steering fluid is topped up and clean. If anyone has a parts breakdown they can send me that would be great too.
Old 05-15-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Steering shakes when you turn the wheel

pics would help alot, i hope its not an engine mount bolt. its just hard to figure out which area. is it the bolt holding the alternator on? i had a similar situation where i developed nasty belt squeak, turned out the alternator bolt had completely backed out and was about to fall out. this causes the belt tension to loosen and eventually come apart. but that doesnt describe the wheel shake. i think thats even more serious.