General 8th & 9th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

Civic Lovers: HELP!! What can I do? Would you tollerate this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ottawahondasux is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Civic Lovers: HELP!! What can I do? Would you tollerate this?

I need advise! I know its long but please read and tell me what you would do.

In December '06 I purchased a '07 Civic from Ottawa Honda by Dilwari on Richmond Rd, in Ottawa On. It all started when I first picked it up....remember that...meeting your Civic for the first time!...you traded in your beater for this awesome, brand new work of art, with nothing to worry about for a long time...you'd think..

When I picked her up the plastic cover over the speedometer was scratched, so they quickly booked an appt for me to come in and have it replaced. I came for the appt and waited 2 hours for them to tell me they ordered the wrong cover-get it right Ottawa Honda. A week later I returned waited another 3 hours to have the correct part replaced.

In the first week of January the SRS light went on. I booked another appt. I waited another 3 hours until they told me they needed to order a sensor and I'd have to come back. The lady asked-as if to blame me for the light- "when did you have the starter installed?"- Ottawa Honda installed the starter.

So I booked another appt, waited another 3 hours for them to tell me "good news and bad news." "Good news-we replaced the sensor, it's fixed, bad news the light is still on." Great!, so its not fixed then? He told me that the machine doesn't recognize it because its "too new" (as if!) and to just have it fixed when I have to come in for my next oil change...I calmly asked for the managers business card and left.

I booked another appt, Monday 12:30pm. By this time the bug deflector had started coming off while driving on the highway (Ottawa Honda installed it) and the washer fluid was spraying very low on the windshield. I made arrangements to borrow the managers CRV demo for the day. I left, came back before 5:00, manager told me its not fixed and he needs to keep it over night. I drove the CRV home and to work the next day. Hated it by the way- it's definitely not a Civic!

Ottawa Honda told me to come in Wednesday to pick it up. They said they replaced the harness. I came in, it wasn't done. Now I'm in a rental. a gross toyota camery. I WANT MY CIVIC BACK!!!!

It's Friday. A week later. They called at 3:54pm. "It's done, you can pick it up." They said they replaced the entire SRS system. I dropped the rental off, and went to Ottawa Honda to pick up the car.

Finally! This back and forth crap is over, its fixed! I saw it in the lot, it looked beautiful, they had washed it. I get in, the guy tells me the light is off, but my car starter doesn't work. They want to see how it runs without the wiring of the starter, they think that had something to do with the light, and that I would have to BOOK ANOTHER APPT!!!!! Let me remind you, this is a starter they installed.

Up until this point I had kept my cool. Up until this point I had been EXTREMELY patient and understanding. This time I LOST IT! I wanted to return the Civic- take it back! Give me one that is not a lemon! I am/was very very frustrated, and starting getting upset. This car is literally 80 days old! It had 10KM on it when I picked it up! I didn't buy a brand new car to have to take it in every week. I drove a crappy 97 Mazda Protoge that had not seen as many visits to the garage in the 3 years I drove it!

Some guy from sales came over and started being very condescending, comparing the situation to going to the doctor for multiple prescriptions, as if I am some uneducated idiot! COME ON! Wal-Mart has a better return policy. Fine the warranty covers the cost, and yes they gave me a car to drive, but I don't have the time to continuously be driving 40 minutes out of my way to have problems OTTAWA HONDA created, fixed. I left after making a scene, stormed out of there, got into my clean car (they had put all of my possessions in the trunk) and drove off.

2 minutes later I noticed the stereo wasn't working. Code Error 1..2..3..I turned around, went back to get them to fix the stereo. The guy was kind of rude, saying "well the code is in the glove compartment"...he sent someone out to fix it, they came in with the code and the service advisor said "oh it was in the glove compartment right?"- "No, actually it wasn't"....I took the code and left, frustrated to the point of tears, with no starter, needing to book another appt. I noticed later the washer still sprays low and I haven't checked the bug deflector.

It leaves me feeling uneasy about the safety of the vehicles, the credibility of the mechanics and the quality of service offered by Ottawa Honda, furthermore by Honda.

Are all Civics like this? Is it common to have so many problems in the first few months? Am I wrong in feeling frustrated? Would you react the same way? What would you do, or expect, in a situation like this? Is it even possible to return a car?

Thank you for reading this. I would appreciate any advise or feedback on my dilemma.

ottawahondasux
Old 03-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Hey Im sorry to read such bad things coming from a Honda.

I cant really help you here but if you try and post your problem at www.ottawahondaclub.com you might get better answers. A couple of the members there work for Honda. One even works at Ottawa honda, but he hasnt posted on there for a while.

Hope your problems get solved soon. If its doesnt work out try taking it to Hunt Club Honda, I hear good things about them, and their also a vendor for Ottawa Honda Club.