Archive - Vehicles for Sale/Wanted This is a combined subforum for all Civics for sale and wanted. It is up to the buyer to inspect the vehicle before finalizing the purchase.

Looking for 5 speed for sale.

Old 06-05-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chancer010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for 5 speed for sale.

I'm looking to buy my first civic to learn to modify and wanted to find something for under $3k. I'd like to keep it under 200k miles and with as few modifications as possible. Obviously at that price point the condition might be an issue, but I don't think that it's too unreasonable considering the vehicle will be around 20 years old. I'd prefer a coupe or hatchback and I'd like an Si if possible. Thanks in advance for any responses!
Edit: I'm located in Central Alabama but willing to travel/pay for shipping depending on the deal.

Last edited by chancer010; 06-05-2017 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Adding location
Old 06-05-2017
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Looking for 5 speed for sale.

You should consider adding your city or at least a general location to narrow down potential sellers.
Old 06-05-2017
Registered!!

chancer010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poopies
You should consider adding your city or at least a general location to narrow down potential sellers.
Good point, I've updated it. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2017
Registered!!

needsomerice87 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 97 civic dx coupe with under 200k miles on it. It's a manual that I've had for for about 3 months. I've been fixing it up here and there. I replaced all the stock speakers, installed a double din, and redid my headliner. I'm a female and I'm not a professional with headliner repair but it's better than it was. There's no ac, but the heat works great. I installed the climate control, heater core unit, and blower motor fan with housing from a 99 into the car. Someone stole my 04 cluster I installed in it (it was at a party at a friend's house with the window down), and that was the last straw for me. It needs a paint job, not a rust bucket but a few dings, and it will come with all the parts I have for it including a camshaft sprocket and a new timing belt. I need a 4 door car for my kids, so I don't have anymore time to put into it. Clean title. Looking for $1500 if interested. I'm in Columbus, GA and it's my DD for now while my other car is in the shop. I have a truck but I only drive it when I have to (gas is still too high).
Old 06-19-2017
Registered!!

HondaFan23 is an unknown quantity at this point

1997 Civic LX 4dr Manual Trans MUST GO ASAP!!!
123k miles, daily driven, second owner (owned 17 yrs)
clean title, no accidents, all routine maintenance done, timing belt changed
all applicable emissions recall work done through Honda service
too many aftermarket accessories to list
full alarm system, full custom sound system, rims, plus much more
comes with all OEM parts as part of purchase price
Sale is "AS IS"
Asking $2000.00 or best offer, Negotiable!
Faded paint on hood and trunk, roof is already vinyl wrapped
Needs new windshield, throw out bearing and transmission work.
Great car, hate to let her go but don't have the room
Nassau County, New York
https://images.craigslist.org/00U0U_...bZ_600x450.jpg
https://images.craigslist.org/00909_...7s_600x450.jpg
https://images.craigslist.org/01313_...0h_600x450.jpg
https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/6157321994.html
Old 06-20-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chancer010
I'm looking to buy my first civic to learn to modify and wanted to find something for under $3k. I'd like to keep it under 200k miles and with as few modifications as possible. Obviously at that price point the condition might be an issue, but I don't think that it's too unreasonable considering the vehicle will be around 20 years old. I'd prefer a coupe or hatchback and I'd like an Si if possible. Thanks in advance for any responses! Edit: I'm located in Central Alabama but willing to travel/pay for shipping depending on the deal.
If you are willing to pay up to 3k your expectations should be pretty high other than for an SI (very unlikely in that price range). Not sure what your preferences are but with an older, higher mileage car a manual transmission is a better option...cheaper to repair and less likely for catastrophic failure. EX model comes with Vtec which has more hp and torque compared to base models. Also, EX has a sunroof, front component speakers and power windows. LX, DX, CX base models are good cars too and should be considered as well .. just EX has more factory options.

Hatchbacks are generally pricier than coupes and getting harder to find. For around 3k you should be able to find a 6th gen Civic with under 150k miles and in good shape with minimal need of repair. Expect some clearcoat issues though as most have it. Cars that have spent there life in little or no snow generally have less rust issues. Roads with snow get salted which leads to rust.

Leaky trunks via rusted rain channels, tail light seals, vent seals, and more are a concern. If you are buying a car that you can't inspect you're putting a lot of faith in the seller. Interview them as much as you will the car itself. Ask for service records, modifications, length of ownership (longer the better), as many pics as possible including trunk with everything removed and trunk's rain channels. Close-ups of any damage, dings, dents, clear coat issues. Pics of tires, age of tires and tread life percentage. New tires are between $350 to $500 installed, mounted and balanced..so, that should factor in to your cost if you purchase a car that needs them replaced.

Important to know the mileage of the most recent timing belt replacement. Timing belt, tensioner, water pump, accessory belts are recommended to be replace every 75k miles or 7 years. Last thing you'd want is the expense of a timing belt kit and labor unless it's accounted for prior to the sale.

Last edited by Wankenstein; 06-20-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-21-2017
Registered!!

RobinVball is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am the original owner of a 1996 Civic DX Coupe 5 speed manual transmission. Only 110,500 miles. Very good condition inside and out. I have all maintenance records. And have lived in St. Augustine, Florida the whole time. Happy to provide any and all information as recommended by Megalodong. I am looking to upgrade to a new hybrid in August/September and want my good old girl to have a happy new home.
Old 07-10-2017
Registered!!

Chaik57 is an unknown quantity at this point

Selling my 02 Civic EX Coupe, black over grey clith. 90,300 original miles. Full Xenon body kit, custom wheels and exhaust, cold air intake, momo pedals and shift kit, stage 2 comp clutch with only 5k miles on it, after market JVC sound system. Brakes, tires, everything in perfect running order. Also have complete turbo kit, some parts new, some used, ready for bolt on. Asking $5999. Car is garaged in Boca Raton Fl. Will provide pictures upon request. Serious buyers only. One-of-a-kind 7th gen EX Coupe. Sharp as any i've seen. Email me at invbankr@gmail.com or call 561-654-9090. Clean FL title in hand. Thanks, Bobby
Old 07-10-2017
Registered!!

02 EX Couoe 90,300 original miles for sale with complete ready to bolt on turbo kit. Black ext. 5 speed. Newish Stage 2 comp clutch, full Xenon body kit, custom wheels and exhaust, cold air intake, momo pedals and shift kit, JVC after market sound system, runs, sounds and looks amazing. Car located in Boca Raton, FL. Asking $5999 for car and kit. Email invbankr@gmail.com for pictures or text/call Bobby at 561-654-9090. Thanks!
Old 07-11-2017
Registered!!

7/11/2017-02 EX Coupe For Sale. 90,300 original miles. 5 spd, custom exhaust, wheels, full Xenon body kit, Momo shift kitcand pedals, cold airvintake, 1.7 vtec, stage 2 comp clutch(new), JVC sound system. Runs, sounds and looks awesome. Black metalic over grey cloth. Everything fully operational. Brakes, tires, fluids all fresh. Bonus...complete ready to bolt on turbo kit (no longer available) included. $5999 takes her. How many 02 Clean-title EX's coupe's with 90k original miles are left?? Many pictures available by request via email Invbankr@gmail.com or text/call Bobby at 561-654-9090. Thanks for looking!
Old 08-14-2017
New Member/New Owner 96 Honda Civic

LaurrieDan54 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 96 Honda Civic CX, 5 speed manual I am the 2nd owner, it has almost 170,000 km on it. I am located in Oshawa Ontario. Absolutely no rust as it's been rust proofed every year so the body and interior is in great shape. There may be a wiring issue but I don't know exactly what it will entail to repair that issue. I also have a set of winter tires, it even has the original Honda rims! I am asking 3000$ as is. On you didn't state where you are located so let if my location is even possible for you. Please feel free to ask any question and I will do my best to respond.
Old 10-19-2017
Registered!!

adamg is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a manual '99 Civic EX Coupe. Black with no prior modifications. 185k miles, motor in perfect shape. I have owned it since 2002. It's time for me to move on. Just respond to the thread if interested and I will get back to you with pictures. Located in Tulsa, OK.