Archive - Vehicles for Sale/Wanted This is a combined subforum for all Civics for sale and wanted. It is up to the buyer to inspect the vehicle before finalizing the purchase.

Civic for First Car

Old 04-19-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoahBriley is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic for First Car

Hey, I'm Noah. I'm 15 years old right now but when I'm 16 I plan on getting a car for around $4000-5000. I am thinking about getting an em1 or em2. What do you guys think? Are there any things I should specifically look for with a Civic? Thanks for your input.
Old 04-20-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Civic for First Car

Welcome to the forum Noah.

In your price range you can get a decent 6th or 7th gen civic. Read up on the differences of these generations and see what is important to you. 6th gen has a better suspension and is less "complex". 7th gen has more room and better safety. 7th gen has know head gasket issues but you should be able to find a lower mileage one since they are newer.
Old 04-20-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoahBriley is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Civic for First Car

Originally Posted by GolNat
Welcome to the forum Noah.

In your price range you can get a decent 6th or 7th gen civic. Read up on the differences of these generations and see what is important to you. 6th gen has a better suspension and is less "complex". 7th gen has more room and better safety. 7th gen has know head gasket issues but you should be able to find a lower mileage one since they are newer.
Thanks, I like the look of the em2s more (That's 7th gen right?) And they are newer. I think that if I had it for awhile that would be better because they are newer. Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it!