Archive - Vehicles for Sale/Wanted This is a combined subforum for all Civics for sale and wanted. It is up to the buyer to inspect the vehicle before finalizing the purchase.

1988 Honda Civic with year 2000 JDM B16 SiR (JDM Motor)Full engine swap.

Old 09-20-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JaredZ1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow 1988 Honda Civic with year 2000 JDM B16 SiR (JDM Motor)Full engine swap.

1988 Honda Civic with year 2000 JDM B16 SiR (JDM Motor) "full engine swap." (No Trades, Cashiers' Checks or "Cash-Only" offers please.)

(Del Sol, A3 Bottom End, LSD Tranny.) "5 speed manual transmission." The engine and transmission have less than 75,000 miles on them!!! (Purchased from "Hmotors.com" on-line. A very reputable resource for these types of swaps, which included a one year warranty. I have the original purchase paperwork/documentation, pictured at top, which will be included at time of vehicle purchase. ("5th pic." Receipt totaling $2,280, freight charge receipt, and Hmotors warranty "highlighted.")
Did swap in 2009, as well as, "House of Kolors," custom paint job. (Orion Silver base coat with Organic Green Kandy topcoat mixed with polyurethane clear coat.)
"Cat-Back" exhaust. (2 1/2" of exhaust piping from catalytic converter to muffler.) Muffler is carbon fiber wrapped 4 1/2 outlet.
Shortly after, there was an ECU problem that kept the car from running for over a year. I was unemployed at the time and did not have the means for the repair. I purchased a motorcycle recently and mostly ride that. However, the problem has been fixed and the car has been running great for the past 6 months.
Recent "tune up," including oil change, battery, new spark plugs, and spark plug wires, as well as, a new "MSD Series 2 Blaster Ignition Coil." (Oxygen sensor and catalytic converter, "passing emissions!)

Tein springs, (lowered 2" in rear and 1 1/2" in front.) HKS struts, that may need to be replaced soon. The struts are not leaking, however from normal wear, the ride is not as smooth as when struts were purchased new. Additionally, 17.5" rims/wheels. Almost new tires with plenty of tread left. Brand is "Primax," an old Checker Auto parts brand. They are fairly light, however there are more "ideal" options out there. I would recommend "TENZO," Tracer rims (Matt black V2 with stainless lip match nicely with theme of car, on ebay, four hundred for all four wheels.) 17.7 "4 lug" lightweight and still small enough to allow adequate rubber on tire. As losing too much rubber, say going with 18" would not enable enough grip on pavement as well as rub on wheel wells of vehicle.

The interior is in good condition. "Quick release" steering wheel, and "Dynomatt" sound insulating material throughout interior of car which improves acoustics for sound and ride quality. (I will also be including upgraded stereo equipment with purchase of vehicle!!!) There was a great system in car done by "Absolute Sound Systems" a few years back. Unfortunately, the vehicle was broken into on "Cinco De Mayo," of 2011 on 4th Ave. (Apparently, there was a stabbing that took place on South Side of town and it took "every unit" from downtown, and a "crew" used this to their advantage to break into over 14 vehicles, so the security system/alarm was to no avail that night.) I will also be including a dash RPM tachometer, a $300 value, as the "DX" model of civic in 1988 did not have one factory installed.

The exterior of vehicle is in good condition with normal wear. Limo tint on rear and passenger rear windows, 30% on front passenger.
Black projector headlights, "Vader," fiberglass body kit and "Z3 fenders" (Fiberglass body kits do not hold up great on lowered vehicles over many years on Tucson roads.) So, minor cracks and micro fractures/chips in paint are to be expected on bottom surfaces. I suggest a new "Duraflex" body kit. (Hybrid material of fiberglass and ABS plastic- factory on most cars these days, that allows "flex" in kit to avoid cracking and fitment issues.) Which can now be purchased on ebay for under four hundred dollars. This technology was not available at time of original body kit purchase.

Lastly, this vehicle has been very important to me over the seven years it took to build and I am sad to see it go. However, it is time to move on and purchase a more "practical vehicle" for my family and I. It is my hope that the "new owner" of this car take as well of care of it, as I formally have. Possibly, further the "progress" of the car.. An inexpensive turbo, with 7-10 lbs. of boost would fair nicely. These engines are made to handle that amount of boost daily, and would still perform 35 MPG with one installed.
Also, there is no A/C presently, as it was not re-installed after engine swap. However, I do have the parts including the compressor, the condenser, all of the bolts, and some of the lines. That will be included in purchase of vehicle. If new owner so chooses, a few custom A/C lines may need to be added to fit unit inside engine bay with new engine installed and you will have yourself a fine, reliable and great looking machine.

Please note, I am NOT interested in selling to someone whom is just going to "chop it up" and sell the parts for quick cash. I am interested in having a quick sell as the car is "fairly priced" and I am willing to negotiate a "fair deal/offer." I can be reached on my cell phone any time of day

@, (928) 5 8 one- eight 3 5 five (Text or email preferred.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
01313_2U3qxgJ38jU_600x450.jpg (36.6 KB, 11 views)
00e0e_cMEbF1Ogwq8_600x450.jpg (35.8 KB, 14 views)