Archive - Vehicles for Sale/Wanted This is a combined subforum for all Civics for sale and wanted. It is up to the buyer to inspect the vehicle before finalizing the purchase.

2004 Civic Si, No Mods

Old 09-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T-Spot is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool 2004 Civic Si, No Mods

So I put an ad for my car on Craigslist, just to see if anyone was interested:

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4059545737.html

The main thing I'm trying to get an opinion on is whether it's worth the time and effort to try to find a private buyer, or if the car is just so old now that even enthusiasts aren't all that interested.

I don't need to sell it. It's in fine shape, and I know I don't want a car payment. But it's also getting to the age that I should do some preventative work, or some general maintenance if I'm going to keep it for another 104k miles. (Timing chain/belt, spark plugs, valve adjustment, that kind of stuff I guess...)

So is a car like mine with near zero modification (only a Bluetooth stereo upgrade and a shiny shifter ****) less appealing because nothing's been done to it (or possibly more appealing because it's a blank slate)? Or is it really just a matter of personal preference and whether someone has the time, money or inclination to take on a modification project?

Two different dealers have told me it would be worth only $5k in trade. KBB says it might be worth more to a private buyer. But I would value the opinion of folks on this forum.

I may just choose to have some work done and keep it a few more years, but if it has some value above what a dealer would pay -- enough to make a significant downpayment on a newer car -- maybe I would let it go.

I've had it for almost 8 years. It's such a solid car. But I don't know all the nuances and details that a real fan would. I've just enjoyed it as an affordable, not too bad on gas, fun to drive car. I've got some more pics in my gallery... and on the Craigslist post.

What's the value of a car of this age and condition in your opinion?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20130910_185013.jpg (101.2 KB, 10 views)
20130910_185252.jpg (77.1 KB, 10 views)
20130910_185408.jpg (68.7 KB, 5 views)
20130910_185043.jpg (91.8 KB, 6 views)
20130910_185602.jpg (71.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-11-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2004 Civic Si, No Mods

(Timing chain/belt,
FYI it's a chain. No interval specified for replacement.

Two different dealers have told me it would be worth only $5k in trade. KBB says it might be worth more to a private buyer. But I would value the opinion of folks on this forum.
Not my area, I don't know the value of cars the way a salesmaggot would (they might tell you $5k, knowing damn well they will put it on the lot for $9k and get 8k).... also know they will show you anything they want you to see on paper.
(Google 'car dealer four square')
Don't fall for it.

Sell it private party for the most coin.

I'll offer tree fiddy!