Archive - Parts for Sale Here you can list your parts for sale

FS: TSX retro'd 7thgen TYC headlights (Fits 2001-2003 coupe/sedan) $200 OBO

Old 02-11-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
FS: TSX retro'd 7thgen TYC headlights (Fits 2001-2003 coupe/sedan) $200 OBO

Just getting a feel for the possibility of selling these.

I'm about to install a new retrofit on my car, so I'll have no use for the ones I'm rocking atm.
For the curious, this is gonna be my new setup:
  • Morimoto Mini D2S bi-xenon projectors in OEM style headlights
  • Gatling Gun Shrouds
  • Morimoto xB white halos (inside the shrouds)
  • cleared corners, amber insert cut down to maintain DOT required amber reflector in the bottom, unlit corner
  • Morimoto X-VF switchback 7443 turn signals

ONTO THE PRODUCT FOR SALE
TYC headlights retrofitted with TSX (D2S) projectors for a 2001-2003 civic. Didn't do them myself (user electric0130 did). Inside housing painted Eternal Blue Pearl.

The Good:
  • Light up the road bright AF despite the front lens condition.
  • Good cutoff, aimed properly.
  • Front lens sealed with 3M Windoweld
  • Upon completing my new retrofit install, the "stuff I'm including" list has expanded. That said, here's the new list of stuff to be included
    1. 3157 turn signal sockets (they will plug into coupe and sedan pigtails. Only difference is the bulb used and the size of the socket opening in the housing
    2. V-LEDs 3157 switchback bulbs (white -> off/amber)
    3. 168 parking light sockets
    4. Luminics 2500K H1 halogen high beam bulbs

The bad:
  • The front lenses have seen better days. I refinished them, but the clear coat I used apparently sucks. Started coming off at first rain. Also, some weird spidering from the inside. I don't know what caused that. Not cracking, per se. More like.. melting?
  • White CCFL halos installed, but one of 'em doesn't work. One of the inverters (mounted inside the headlight housing) went bad.
  • The back of the headlight is not sealed where you plug in the D2S bulb. If you can figure out how to seal it, kudos to you. If not, I didn't have any fogging issues.\
  • There's some stuff not included, so read this bullet point closely. Last time I sold headlights, the buyer bitched because of something I explicitly listed in my post
    1. D2S bulbs will not be included. I don't think I have another set laying around. However, I will include them if I find a set.
    2. 168 bulbs not included

I'd like to get $200 for them. Shoot me offers otherwise. Toss me an extra $50 and I'll refurbish the front lenses (I won't clearcoat them, I'll just sand the oxidation and crappy clearcoat away). An extra $25 on top of that, I'll pop 'em open and paint the bezel satin black.

Look! A picture!
dlMWS8N.jpg
As you can see, they look like poop. Kinda yellowed, clear coat looks like crap (that happened after the first time it rained)

Furthermore, I have a couple sets of ballasts laying around.
DDM tuning 55W digital ballasts: $35 shipped
TRS Morimoto 55W D2S ballasts: $75 shipped
It's recommended you get 55W bulbs with theses ballasts, but I ran them with 35W rated bulbs just fine. The color just washes out a bit (e.g. 6000K bulbs look like a paler light blue than the typical 6000K blue you can google). If you buy the retrofit and the DDM ballasts, I'll toss in a pair of amphenol to D2S adapters.. If I can find the other one. I can only find one at the moment. lol

But wait, there's more! Act now and you get some pro-level packaging!
J6uO03q.jpg

Lol. The box in which my new headlights came will provide ample protection for the headlights coming to you. Just peace of mind that I'm protecting your investment. Don't wait! PM me today!

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 02-14-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-14-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FS: TSX retro'd 7thgen TYC headlights (Fits 2001-2003 coupe/sedan) $200 OBO

Original post updated!