Archive - Parts for Sale Here you can list your parts for sale

FS: my modded tyc retrofit

Old 07-06-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
FS: my modded tyc retrofit

i just dont have the time to finish this up, its basically almost done but the projectors need slight aiming adjustments and need to be sealed. i put alot of time and $ into this and they look good but im looking for someone to take it over. it also needs 12v voltage regulators for the led park light which i can include, so they dont burn out. heres what you get.

custom tyc 01-03 projector headlamp
shrouds painted gloss black
chrome trim ring around projector
amber lens and reflector for turn signal (uses clear bulb)
LED amber parking light with L2 OPTX
valeo H7 projector retrofit with clear tyc lens (from audi a4)
full custom relay wire harness with h7 plugs
shaved side reflectors

bulbs

h7 osram hyper 2100 lumen 65w bulbs (about as bright as 6000k hid).
h1 osram silverstar +50 hi beams
3457 clear turn signal bulb
integrated 5-led superflux amber array for park light

if you want to convert these to hid which would work great also, you need the h7 to d2s adapter plates, a pair of d2s ballasts, and a pair of d2s bulbs, plus wire harness.

this is not a plug and play setup and a little more work is needed to get everything working, but it is nearly complete and everything is mounted. i took out most of the goo so they can be opened simply by popping open the tabs and taking the cover off for now to fix things. they need to be sealed eventually before using. i think the projectors are aimed pretty good but ive never tested on actual car.

I was wanting to get $285 shipped for them, just parts alone cost me over 500.

Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough
Re: FS: my modded tyc retrofit

so these arent completely retrofitted with HID. Its just regular bulbs in an audio projector correct?

Could you 250 shipped? I've been looking very, very hard for a new set of headlights for my car. Plus I want to add HID's to it. I was thinking of getting some OEM headlights and just throwing an HID kit in there. Would this be better?
Old 07-06-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

whoa... gear yea my TYC's look slightly different from those... like i have that little crappy amber reflector in the side, and it has a hole to the parking light so that it lights up :/ But y are u giving up the project?
Old 07-06-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i just cant afford to spend the time anymore. if you want hid with these, an easier way would be to just buy an h7 hid kit. it works just as well as getting oem stuff with the adapters. these are very good projectors for hid and people convert them all the time.

if you get the h7 hid kit, they are pretty much ready to use with these headlights. the projector is h7 and so is the full relay harness that im including, so you just plug everything together. i really dont wanna go any lower on the price, just the new tycs and projectors are 300 alone and youre getting alot more than that plus all the labor. and hid kits are not that expensive, maybe 150 max. oh and yea, this would be a whole lot better than hid kit in stock reflector housing and you wont blind traffic.

Last edited by gearbox; 07-06-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough

how would the light output be in the meantime while i waited to get money for the HID kit? I hope you understand that
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

alright one last thing for you. What do i all need to do in order to finish these? I am very interested and will probably end up buying these from you. Isnt 4300K the best HID kit with the most output (3100 lumens) i believe. Going up from their just adds color and takes away light output. I want it to have some blue in it. That should be all. thanks gearbox
Old 07-06-2007
Premium Member

to finish:

need to install 12v voltage regulator on the led parking light power wire (i will send you a pair, instructions on the box). this is cause they are only wired for 12v, and car puts out 14v and will kill them without regulator.

make sure the aim is correct by mounting them on car and looking. the projector is held by 4 mount bolts, nothing is glued and you can undo the nuts to adjust the mounting.

finally seal the two housings with silicone around the edges to water wont get in. thats it.

if you use them as they are now, they should be fairly bright. i will include the hyper halogens which put out 2100 lumen each. for reference, most normal cars use 1000 lumen bulbs (like our stock civic), and 6000k hid kit is 2400 lumens, and 4300k kit is 3200 lumens. now, they have all the wiring and plugs to use the h7 halogen bulbs. when you get your h7 hid kit, just swap it out and use the same thing. my harness is complete with h7 plugs. for the hi beam, i made a new harness that connects to the stock h4 plug. the h7 harness is wired separately to battery.
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

alright. let me see what I can do. I really want these headlights.

Would you take anything for a trade or trade plus some cash?
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

hey gearbox, any word on those LEDs for the radio bezel?
Old 07-06-2007
Premium Member

i dont really need anything now to trade, just money lol
Old 07-07-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krayz1e is an unknown quantity at this point

aww man gearbox! make one for 04 civics! lol =[
Old 07-07-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by krayz1e
aww man gearbox! make one for 04 civics! lol =[
enough money and ill do it.