Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Listening fatigue from new rear speakers.. help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dweaver840 is an unknown quantity at this point
Listening fatigue from new rear speakers.. help.

Hi everyone. Have a 2000 civic LX here and just replaced the original pioneers in the rear which were fried when I purchased the car. The original pioneers in the front seem fine but I may upgrade them in the future while considering a new head unit. (Original factory head unit still installed as of now). I replaced them with Alpine 6x9s; easy install after getting the necessary harnesses. I did not leave the grills on the speakers as I thought there wouldn't be enough room when putting the rear panel back on. So I've come to find out that what I'm experience is "fatigue"... An uncomfortable feeling in my right inner ear even at mid volume and generally with any music choice. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. I've had other people in the car and they think I'm a little nuts. They believe the speakers sound great, as do I. But there's no denying the weird headache in the right inner ear area I get just on the right side after listening for a little while. I'd love to get some insight on this issue. Thanks in advance
Old 04-27-2019
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Listening fatigue from new rear speakers.. help.

Originally Posted by Dweaver840
Hi everyone. Have a 2000 civic LX here and just replaced the original pioneers in the rear which were fried when I purchased the car. The original pioneers in the front seem fine but I may upgrade them in the future while considering a new head unit. (Original factory head unit still installed as of now). I replaced them with Alpine 6x9s; easy install after getting the necessary harnesses. I did not leave the grills on the speakers as I thought there wouldn't be enough room when putting the rear panel back on. So I've come to find out that what I'm experience is "fatigue"... An uncomfortable feeling in my right inner ear even at mid volume and generally with any music choice. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. I've had other people in the car and they think I'm a little nuts. They believe the speakers sound great, as do I. But there's no denying the weird headache in the right inner ear area I get just on the right side after listening for a little while. I'd love to get some insight on this issue. Thanks in advance
Cocaine is a hell of a drug