OBD port and wiring melted - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

OBD port and wiring melted

Old 05-16-2018
Registered!!

D17VTECPOWER is just really niceD17VTECPOWER is just really niceD17VTECPOWER is just really niceD17VTECPOWER is just really nice
OBD port and wiring melted

Long story short, my Scanguage went up in smoke. The company replaced the Scanguage, but now my OBD port is melted. I figured no big deal, Iíll just cut it off and put a new plug on. But itís not that simple. I realized that the wiring for the port is melted as far into the harness as I can see. Not sure how that happened. I thought it was protected by a fuse. So I am going to need to replace all the wiring from the port to wherever the port goes to. So my question is what I do about this. Do all the wires just go right to the PCM? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the OBD port? Thanks.
Old 05-16-2018
Registered!!

RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough
Re: OBD port and wiring melted

Originally Posted by D17VTECPOWER View Post
Long story short, my Scanguage went up in smoke. The company replaced the Scanguage, but now my OBD port is melted. I figured no big deal, I’ll just cut it off and put a new plug on. But it’s not that simple. I realized that the wiring for the port is melted as far into the harness as I can see. Not sure how that happened. I thought it was protected by a fuse. So I am going to need to replace all the wiring from the port to wherever the port goes to. So my question is what I do about this. Do all the wires just go right to the PCM? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the OBD port? Thanks.
i can provide a wiring diagram from our shop computer if you provide year make model trim etc or i can look by vin
Old 05-16-2018
Registered!!

D17VTECPOWER is just really niceD17VTECPOWER is just really niceD17VTECPOWER is just really niceD17VTECPOWER is just really nice

Originally Posted by RobertD View Post
i can provide a wiring diagram from our shop computer if you provide year make model trim etc or i can look by vin
That would be awesome. It's a 2005 Honda Civic LX sedan auto. Thanks for your help!
Old 05-16-2018
Super Moderator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

huh...

does this somehow relates to your PCM issues, including not programming for key?
Old 05-16-2018
Registered!!

RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough

the last one is the diagram you asked for. the first six are the troubleshooting steps for no communication. should keep you busy a while

Last edited by RobertD; 05-18-2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-16-2018
Registered!!

obd connector is called "DLC" or data link connector, just FYI (i didn't know)
Old 05-16-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji View Post
huh...

does this somehow relates to your PCM issues, including not programming for key?
No. The PCM issues started over a year ago.
Old 05-16-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by RobertD View Post
the last one is the diagram you asked for. the first six are the troubleshooting steps for no communication. should keep you busy a while
Attachment 112214
Attachment 112215
Attachment 112216
Attachment 112217
Attachment 112218
Attachment 112219
Attachment 112220
Thank you so much. I guess I'll get on rewiring the port.