Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Is it safe to remove the battery on a 2008 Honda Civic 2.2 diesel Type S

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MW35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it safe to remove the battery on a 2008 Honda Civic 2.2 diesel Type S

Can someone tell me is it safe to remove the battery for charging on a Honda Civic 2.2 diesel 2008, or will I damage computers, lose radio code etc. Thank you
Old 12-14-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is it safe to remove the battery on a 2008 Honda Civic 2.2 diesel Type S

Of course you can remove it, just make sure everything is turned off first.
Make sure you know your radio unlock code if will be needed.

If it just needs charged, it's simpler to connect charger without disturbing the battery and cables. Again, make sure everything is turned off before charging.
Old 12-14-2017
Banned

Thank you for the reply, I need to take the battery off for about 24 hours to fully charge it, I do not know if I need a radio code that's why I'm asking, the vehicle is a 2008 the one with radio molded into the dashboard, I can't see nothing in the manual relating to a code, but I don't want to take the battery off to find out I need a code and do not have it.
Old 12-14-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Over on this side of the pond, if the radio face has a blinking red LED when the car is turned off, then it's a anti-theft type that can lock when the battery is disconnected.
IDK if that holds true on your side of the pond.

If you can reach the car with the charger I'd just connect it where it sits. Don't turn anything on while the charger is running.

If the battery has already flatlined completely dead... that's the same as disconnecting it
Old 12-14-2017
Banned

There's no blinking red light on my radio when the ignition is off, but just to be safe like you said I think I'll just run an extension leads to the car on the side of the road and charge the battery on the vehicle.