Can I make my own K-Pro? - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Registered!!

D17VTECPOWER should not be trustedD17VTECPOWER should not be trusted
Can I make my own K-Pro?

I understand that K-Pro is a board that goes into the ECU, but what would the process be for getting it installed? Would I send my ECU to Hondata and the price of K-Pro includes installation, or would I buy the K-Pro and plug it into the ECU myself? Considering Hondata charges $675 for a cam gear that probably costs them $2 to make, $400 for D17 K-Pro to be able to tune my engine just seems too good to be true. “Only” $400 probably wouldn’t be enough of a ripoff for a tiny board for my ECU that probably was made in China and cost Hondata $3! So how does K-Pro work? Thanks.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 1 Week Ago at 05:22 PM. Reason: "How does it work" is really not what OP wanted to ask - changed title
D17VTECPOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: How does K-Pro work?

$400 is if you send them an ECU. They add their unicorn blood magic bits and send the ecu back, you instal. Your paying for labor, software, Hondata guarantee and knowledge. I’m sure the circuit board they add does not cost much but someone engineered and designed the system, that costs money.

This is all explained on the website.
GolNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Super Moderator

sdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to behold
Re: How does K-Pro work?

what cost is not the hardware, it's the software and what's within it and all the blood and flesh they left behind to test and make it work..
sdaidoji is offline   Reply With Quote