Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BCiv03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Electrical Problem

i have a 2003 Honda Civic Lx and my Car starting to lose power (radio goes off,charger goes off, needles on the dash sometimes drops and Car light dims) I had the Battery tested and it tested fine and I got the alternator tested and it tested fine yesterday then today it tested bad. My car is having trouble starting and now my immobilizer light is flashing. What could be the cause ?
Old 10-18-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Electrical Problem

Disconnect battery and check alternator for loose connections. The positive connection of the alternator is the threaded stud..if you decide to tighten it be careful to not overtighten it. The ground side of alternator connects to a harness clip...make sure it connected properly.

If the alternator connections aren't the issue then most likely the alternator is failing and not putting out constant 14.2v
Old 10-19-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget the bolts that hold the alternator on have to be tight, that's the ground path.

If you had the battery and alternator tested while they were working, no problem will be found.
You must have it tested WHILE it's acting up.

Immobi light....... Low voltage causes all sorts of odd issues. Connect jumper cables to another car that has a good battery, and see if it goes back to normal.
Old 10-21-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BCiv03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update: I had the battery and Alternator replaced and I’m still have this issue. What could it be?
Old 10-21-2017
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

I would check the ground wire from the battery to the engine. Maybe unbolt it and take a wire brush to the metal for a fresh connection. I actually had the part that slips on the battery (the crimp on circular piece maybe??) go bad and had to replace it with a new terminal connector.
Old 10-22-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BCiv03
Update: I had the battery and Alternator replaced and I’m still have this issue. What could it be?
What led you to replace the battery and alternator?
Do you still have the battery and alternator that was removed?