Clock won't remain accurate - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2016   #1
Registered!!

Oatsdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Clock won't remain accurate

Last week I had an amplifier and speakers installed in my 2015 Civic SE - I kept the Honda in-dash head unit.

The head unit no longer maintains accurate time. If I set it, it'll remain accurate while the car is on, but if I turn off the car, the time resets.

Nothing else is lost in memory. The head unit still has my radio presets and the wallpaper picture I use - it's just the clock that resets.

When I start the car, the correct time remains for about 3 seconds and then it resets.

Thoughts?
Oatsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016   #2
Where's that music coming from?

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Clock won't remain accurate

Check all fuses in both fuse boxes?
Return to your installer?
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016   #3
Registered!!

Oatsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

I've not checked the fuses because I'm essentially a chimp with car keys and don't know how to do that or what to look for!

I've not returned to the installer because they're not convenient - I was hoping to fix the problem on my own so I didn't have to go back.

Plus, I don't really trust them!
Oatsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016   #4
Where's that music coming from?

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've not returned to the installer because
They most likely caused the issue, they should be given the opportunity to make it right.

Quote:
2015 Civic
Car is probably under factory warranty BUT if they figure out your problem was caused by the radio work, you will probably be charged for the repairs.

Quote:
and don't know how to do that or what to look for
Owners manual > index > Fuses > Inspecting and changing
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote