Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Clock won't remain accurate

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oatsdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Clock won't remain accurate

Last week I had an amplifier and speakers installed in my 2015 Civic SE - I kept the Honda in-dash head unit.

The head unit no longer maintains accurate time. If I set it, it'll remain accurate while the car is on, but if I turn off the car, the time resets.

Nothing else is lost in memory. The head unit still has my radio presets and the wallpaper picture I use - it's just the clock that resets.

When I start the car, the correct time remains for about 3 seconds and then it resets.

Thoughts?
Old 03-23-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Clock won't remain accurate

Check all fuses in both fuse boxes?
Return to your installer?
Old 03-25-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oatsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

I've not checked the fuses because I'm essentially a chimp with car keys and don't know how to do that or what to look for!

I've not returned to the installer because they're not convenient - I was hoping to fix the problem on my own so I didn't have to go back.

Plus, I don't really trust them!
Old 03-25-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I've not returned to the installer because
They most likely caused the issue, they should be given the opportunity to make it right.

2015 Civic
Car is probably under factory warranty BUT if they figure out your problem was caused by the radio work, you will probably be charged for the repairs.

and don't know how to do that or what to look for
Owners manual > index > Fuses > Inspecting and changing