Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

2016 Display Screen Flashing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agiampoli is an unknown quantity at this point
2016 Display Screen Flashing?

I've had my 2016 Honda Civic ELX for literally 1 week and when I listen to the radio the display screen flashes. Like it's cutting in and out between the standard radio display, and black. This does not happen when I have CarPlay going and am listening to music through my phone. Any ideas?

Last edited by Agiampoli; 01-07-2016 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to add in something
Old 01-07-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2016 Display Screen Flashing?

Take it to the dealer ASAP.

Write down all notes and clues (as you did above, more if possible) so the issue can be duplicated quickly.

If you can get video of the issue happening, that might be good too ----not kidding, it's proof and is much easier than trying to describe an issue sometimes. I've even forwarded a customers video to technical assistance, it's a huge help if someone is willing to go that extra mile.

Honda corporate always wants to be aware of all serious problems on all the new model cars, and I'm sure some people are having issues with the infotainment stuff.

I can't tell what might be done, but you need to have the dealer see what they can do with it.

Let us know what happens!

HTH
Old 01-07-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agiampoli is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2016 Display Screen Flashing?

Thank you! I actually did take a 20 second video of it earlier tonight.
Originally Posted by ezone
Take it to the dealer ASAP.

Write down all notes and clues (as you did above, more if possible) so the issue can be duplicated quickly.

If you can get video of the issue happening, that might be good too ----not kidding, it's proof and is much easier than trying to describe an issue sometimes. I've even forwarded a customers video to technical assistance, it's a huge help if someone is willing to go that extra mile.

Honda corporate always wants to be aware of all serious problems on all the new model cars, and I'm sure some people are having issues with the infotainment stuff.

I can't tell what might be done, but you need to have the dealer see what they can do with it.

Let us know what happens!

HTH