headlight/signal/high beam switch on column - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2015   #1
Registered!!

kwc_Civic_owner is an unknown quantity at this point
headlight/signal/high beam switch on column

I have a 2000 Honda Civic DX. I was adding an aftermarket auto headlight device. I unplugged the wiring harness that plugs into the switch on the column to test and find the closures for the driving, head, and high beam lights. Upon testing the various closures, all I could find was the driving/dash light closure. If anyone has a wiring diagram for this plug, I would appreciate if you could share it.

Anyway, I plugged it back in and now the turn signals do not work. The turn signal indicator lights on the dash or not working either. The emergency flashers are working correctly, so the relay in the under dash fuse box appears to not be the problem. I changed out the blown 7.5 MA fuse and they are now working.

I am now afraid to find the closures by trial and error for fear of blowing another fuse. I also noticed the first time I unplugged this from the column switch that one of the wire contacts in the wire side plug has melted out the plastic around it to where it does not make contact very well anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2649.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	87384   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2648[1].jpg
Views:	64
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	87385   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2639[1].jpg
Views:	58
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	87386   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2640[1].jpg
Views:	58
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	87387   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2644[1].jpg
Views:	65
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	87388  

Last edited by kwc_Civic_owner; 01-01-2015 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Add Photos
kwc_Civic_owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015   #2
Registered!!

kwc_Civic_owner is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: headlight/signal/high beam switch on column

Last edited by kwc_Civic_owner; 01-01-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: irrelevent
kwc_Civic_owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015   #3
Where's that music coming from?

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: headlight/signal/high beam switch on column

If it has melted the wire terminal out of the plastic holder like that, it needs the plug and wire pigtail replaced, and also should get a new headlight switch.

The headlight wire and/or switch recall on some 7th gen Civics is for a problem just like what happened to yours.

I can't link a wire diagram for you, sorry.
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote