Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Speaker leaks water into car when it rains....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coachkapps is an unknown quantity at this point
Speaker leaks water into car when it rains....

I've done a few searches on here. Found a little info, but would like a little more if I can.

2007 Civic - I replaced factory front speakers. After doing that my car basically flooded (left it outside as we went on a week vacation - rained heavily that whole week).

I've recently figured out that water from the outside window/glass is doing as it normally should, and is running down inside the door. However, this is where I'm confused, as it is somehow running/dripping onto the speakers, wiring, etc, and getting on the door panel side of things. It then seeps into the interior very easily along the bottom of the door.

I've taken the panels off, taken the speakers out, and checked to see what's going on. When I put water onto the window on the outside, I can see it dripping heavily down into the door as it should, but what I'm not sure is what mechanism SHOULD be there to prevent it from getting into the speaker area/inside the car. Is there a part I removed with the factory speakers? Is there is a way to divert the water away from the speakers and wiring?

Thoughts and suggestions please? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-05-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Speaker leaks water into car when it rains....

Where's the plastic liner that was behind the door panel? Is it intact? Are there gaps in the sealer? Does it channel water to the lower set of holes so water stays away from the door panel?

Are there any plastic rain protectors available to cover the tops of the speakers?