Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

1991 honda civic ef fans dont turn on

Old 06-19-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GuiansEf is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation 1991 honda civic ef fans dont turn on

I have 1991 Honda Civic Ef special edition and its been wire tucked (i wish it werent) but theres three conections on the while radiator but two of them are pluged in except on in the middle is that the main one? i checked the fuses and they are okay is there something missing !! please help i dmt know alot anout forums and dont know how to upload photos so you can see
Old 06-19-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1991 honda civic ef fans dont turn on

I looked up a plain 91 without AC

You have the radiator fan motor, is it any good?
Positive is supplied to the fan by fuse #15 in the dash fusebox, 15 amp

The fan relay supplies ground to the fan motor when the temp switch closes at about 194 degrees F.

Fan relay should be in front of the air filter housing, RF corner of the engine compartment. It it's all been tucked, it's gonna be anyones guess where it is now. (If it's upside down, it may be full of water!)

The temp switch is next to the oil filter, it has 2 pins, looks like it should use bullet connectors.
With the key turned on, you should be able to bridge those 2 pins (paper clip jumper) and force the fan to run.

A wiring diagram and voltmeter should be your best friends!