Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

02 Civic, No electric, anywhere! (resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kyle7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 02 Civic, No electric, anywhere! (resolved)

Hello, so its midnight just got into my car tried to unlock it with the fob; and nothing happened. So I used the key to get in. Also everything inside has no electric wont even turn on any lights. Cannot start it. Now earlier I did have my check engine light on was code p1259but it was driving fine everything was working, this light had even gone away after having checked all my fuses under the hood. While at autozone they did remove the understearing covers to find the obd port. I struggled putting them back on, could I have knocked something loose? Any ideas where to start? Gotta work later lol

Also not sure if worth mentioning but earlier after I put back on the under dash covers it seemed like the break was a bit stiffer and more responsive.

Last edited by kyle7; 11-03-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-03-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 02 Civic, No electric, anywhere!

everything inside has no electric wont even turn on any lights.
Is the battery dead?
Did you leave the lights on?
Old 11-03-2013
Registered!!

I know I didnt leave the lights on so it shouldnt be dead but I have no way to confirm for sure. I just re checked all the fuses under the hood other than those big 3 prong ones
Old 11-03-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

it shouldnt be dead
Of course it shouldn't be dead, that wasn't the question.

The important question was, "Is the battery dead?"

but I have no way to confirm for sure.
Figure this one out.

This problem almost has to be a dead battery, a bad battery, or a bad connection.

those big 3 prong ones
Erm, what? There aren't any three-prong fuses there.

==============

Will the engine start with a jump from another car?
Old 11-03-2013
Registered!!

You are correct Took it to autozone the minute they opened, checked it fully dead, my 7 year old battery not only had been dead but took me 15 minutes and lots of wd-40 to get my wires off the terminals. WOW all fixed. Same with the breaks, however those were fixed by the fact that I put back on the stearing colum in the dark and it was resting on the break... Also found a random switch wired under the dash next the the hood release but cannot figure out what it is lol.... Thank you mate
Old 11-03-2013

Re: 02 Civic, No electric, anywhere! (resolved)

Also found a random switch wired under the dash next the the hood release but cannot figure out what it is
Something like that usually went to an aftermarket alarm. Follow the wires, see where they go.