Heater only working on high. New power transitor - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2013   #1
Registered!!

newguyincarworl is an unknown quantity at this point
Heater only working on high. New power transitor

The heater only works when it is set to high. I was looking for solutions online and it was basically pointing. To the power transistor. I bought a new one and installed it but nothing. When the heater is set to blow on high it takes a second then the relay clicks and then the blower turns on. I won't turn on on any other setting.
It a 99 civic lx. With brand new power transistor.
Any help please
newguyincarworl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #2
Where's that music coming from?

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heater only working on high. New power transitor

There is a high speed relay for max speed, and a power transistor for all slower speeds.

The high speed relay must be working (duh), and you have a new power transistor.

So the problem must be either the wiring or the HVAC control head (process of elimination).
Wire diagram and a volt/ohm meter?
No silver bullet here unless you can find someone with an identical car to swap HVAC controls with as a test.
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #3
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Heater only working on high. New power transitor

I think I had that same problem 3 years ago when I bought my car....

Took the switch apart and sprayed it out and it still works perfectly 3 years later..

hope this helps...

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...itch-free.html
Stock 99 is offline   Reply With Quote