97 Civic Front speakers not working after headunit install. - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2013   #1  
Registered!!

khar is an unknown quantity at this point
97 Civic Front speakers not working after headunit install.

I recently installed a new head unit and my front speakers will not work. The Passenger tweeter does work and at times both speakers will work. The speakers work with the old radio. I pulled them out and tested them directly to head unit and they worked so they aren't blown. When I was installing the head unit , the blue power antennae trigger connector came loose from the head unit, so I didn't not connect the blue cable leading from the vehicle to the head unit. Could this be the cause of the speakers not working, I thought the blue wire was only used to power amps?
khar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #2  
Registered!!

TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 97 Civic Front speakers not working after headunit install.

The blue wire is a remote turn on wire. It is used for amps and in some cars power antennas or antenna amps.
If you speakers work sometimes and not others it is a short somewhere. Either in your connection from the head unit to the harness, somewhere in the speaker wiring, the speaker connection or in the head unit itself.
TiggerDX is offline   Reply With Quote