Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Radio not working (checking fuse)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl6120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Radio not working (checking fuse)

Recently having problem with Radio/CD player. When first turn ignition, the front display shows Sony, CD player/AM/FM, EQ, Aux Input.....etc yet never actually goes into the playing mode (CD nor AM FM). At first I simply disconnected the faceplate and put the unit back in and worked several times, but not anymore.

Does the fact that it comes on intermittently (even if it only shows the introductory information) rule out that it is the fuse problem?

I was about to pull out the fuse to check but just read in the manual about having to enter some pre-set code after the radio fuse is pulled, using the buttons on the unit. But my unit is not factory unit (I had a new unit put in back in 2004) so I don't know how this pre-set code will work.

(I did have a battery change once, and it didn't require the pre-set code, so maybe ok?? but just wanted to come here and confirm)

If not the fuse, then perhaps the radio unit is just too old??

My car is 2004 Civic LX.

Thank you
Old 02-23-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Radio not working (checking fuse)

There's more than one fuse to run the radio (assuming yours is wired into the original plug). Both should be inspected.

I've seen some weird issues with aftermarket stereos that were resolved by simply disconnecting the battery for several minutes.

Like a reboot of sorts.