Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Terminal 2 on relay grounded? Fuse 31 grounded? Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dylankjustice is an unknown quantity at this point
Terminal 2 on relay grounded? Fuse 31 grounded? Help

I have been trying to pin point the problem for a while.. I noticed that the number 2 terminal on the main relay.. As well as the #31 fuse on the relay, PCM side has continuity to ground.. When the ignition switch is turned to the crank position they should have battery voltage.. But I only get less than one volt during crank.. Does anyone know where I should look to find out why this circuit is grounded? Car will not start for this reason..
Old 09-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dylankjustice is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Terminal 2 on relay grounded? Fuse 31 grounded? Help

Yes, I checked all diagrams.. One side of the fuse goes to main relay, ICU/PCM and possibly one other thing... The other side (which is showing ground.. Goes to the neutral position switch then to the ignition switch... I measured voltage at main relay to ground while cranking and showed less than 1 volt when I should have been getting battery voltage.. Not only that.. But when I check for continuity to ground at the same terminal, it still shows continuity to ground when cranking... As if voltage *is going straight to ground. (this is all with the 7.5 fuse in 31) if the fuse is out it will not show anything.. Which would lead me to believe there is a short to ground on the other side of the fuse... Between the ignition switch and the fuse box.. (not mentioning neutral position switch because it checks out ok... There are also other fuses in the fuse box that show ground... It just doesn't seem right!