Will aftermarket speakers work with stock head unit? - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2012   #1  
Registered!!

rAfOOL is an unknown quantity at this point
Will aftermarket speakers work with stock head unit?

I'm installing some Polkaudio DXI 650s in the front and DXI 690s in the back. The front speakers' nominal is 60 watts and the rear is 100 watts. I know there isn't enough power in the stock head unit to fully support the speakers but will it be okay to hook them up anyway?
rAfOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012   #2  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will aftermarket speakers work with stock head unit?

well yeah, but they will sound terrible and get damaged over time. i would look for a speaker with lower rms power rating like 30w rms max. even that is a bit high for the factory deck that barely puts out 10w, but not terrible. i dont think you can find aftermarket speakers lower than 30w (that arent paper).
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote