Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Need help with after market radio splicing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lx imposter is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help with after market radio splicing!

I own a 2004 civic lx, and I recently attempted to install an aftermarket Sony radio. I decided to go the route of splicing the factory car wires with the new radio's, and the radio doesn't work, along with the remote car locks. I soldered the wiring like this: 12V car (white/red) to radio yellow. Ignition car (yellow/red) to radio red. Lf speaker car (grn/blk) to radio white, (lt grn) to radio white/blk. Rf speaker car (grn/yellow) to radio gray, (gray/red) to radio gray/blk. Lf speaker car (blue/white) to radio green, (blue/blk) to radio green/blk. Rr speaker car (pink) to radio purple, (blue/yellow) to radio purple/blk. Ground wire (blk) to radio blk.

Are these connections correct? I also have some wires left over. Two of them from the car, one from radio. Please help me ASAP! Thank you.
Old 05-22-2012
Registered!!

2009civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need help with after market radio splicing!

pics?
Old 05-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Did you ever get this working?
Old 06-16-2012
Registered!!

carlameyer is an unknown quantity at this point

I used AVO meter to test all the fuses under dashboard and all of them have 0.3 or 0.4 or similar ohm read. I did not use harness to install the radio but cut off the factory harness and sliced to the new radio, which didn't power on the radio (no power already). Then I bought a reverse harness which looks the same as the factory harness, then use a install harness to connect to the radio, still no power at all.

There is no voltage read between the constant 12V line and the ground line.

The only thing I didn't do is to remove the negative line from the main battery on the car before I started, so all the operations were done when the battery was on.

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Ive never heard of anyone testing for resistance when trying to determine if fuses are good...Test for voltage, for the radio fuse you should be getting around 12v when the key is on and nothing when the key is off. Or you could just pull the fuse and see if its blown.
Old 06-16-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rjones7755
Ive never heard of anyone testing for resistance when trying to determine if fuses are good...Test for voltage, for the radio fuse you should be getting around 12v when the key is on and nothing when the key is off. Or you could just pull the fuse and see if its blown.
Checking for resistance would be the proper way to test a fuse. Sometimes they look good when you pull them out but after you ohm them out they return an open connection (bad). You could get voltage on either side of a fuse because there could be a short, so it's best to remove them and check there resistance.
Old 06-16-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Ohh Ive never heard of that before thats interesting
Old 07-07-2012
Registered!!

noriega06 is an unknown quantity at this point

something similar happen to me, i have a 2002 civic EX, i installed the radio myself and the only thing that didnt work at the end was the light of my speed o meter. Can anyone help? i checked the wire harnesses, fuses seem to be okay(inspected visual), i think its the bulbs. The millage screen light works fine its just the rest doesnt turn on.