Opinions on diamond audio sub/amp setup - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2009   #1
Registered!!

Stearic is an unknown quantity at this point
Opinions on diamond audio sub/amp setup

Well i'm finally looking into adding a sub to my car, and the guy i'm going through recomended a diamon D110D 10" sub paired with a diamond D300.2 amp. He quoted me at $300 for the pair + the box for the sub. Now i've looked online and haven't found much of anything regarding diamond audio and how good they are except for the few general reviews of "diamond audio stuff is great" posts on forums.

So my 2 questions are this, are the sub/amp setup the guy recommended good and is that a fair price for that setup?
Stearic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #2
Registered!!

Personality is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Opinions on diamond audio sub/amp setup

Never really heard of diamond audio, I'm a kenwood guy, and you could get 1 sub + 1 amp cheaper through kenwood imo, or even infinity
Personality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010   #3
Registered!!

esaack is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with the kenwood setup. Not too expensive but you get great sound and power from any that you buy. I'd recommend going to a swapmeet (flee market) and finding an actual dealer booth to buy from, you can usually get a really marked down price when you buy in bulk.
esaack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #4
Registered!!

Stearic is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy in bulk? I'm not wanting to buy anything in bulk. Just 1 sub and 1 amp. Not going to help me much to do that.
Stearic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #5
Registered!!

Davidbo is an unknown quantity at this point

I shopped around for ever before deciding on my system (it's still in the works), but I really didn't like the Diamond when the guy demoed it for me. I found competitively priced Hertz (New to US, but FANTASTIC!), Rockford Fosgate and Kenwood. I'd go with any of those before the Diamond.

Last edited by Davidbo; 01-05-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Forgot a word >.<
Davidbo is offline   Reply With Quote