oil pressure guage - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

oil pressure guage

Old 07-30-2008
Registered!!

chopper202 is an unknown quantity at this point
oil pressure guage

Hey I just bout a cluster of three guages, an ammater,oil pressure and water temp I dont have any trouble putting the ammater in but the oil pressure and water temp I am having a bit
ok first question can I take oil pressure if I install a T junction before my oil cooler??? if not there I have to tap into the block yea???
and the water temp the same deal drilling and tapping a hole??? thanks for any help on this as im soooo close to paying for it to get done
Old 07-30-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: oil pressure guage

its alot of work, check the diy threads in the tech forums
Old 07-30-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i don't know why you couldn't just do like everyone else and T off the block where the O/P sending unit goes in. just remove it and get a proper T fitting. like GB said though, check the DIY threads for the right sizes and such. hell, there may even be part numbers in there somewhere....
Old 07-30-2008
Registered!!

ok this sandwhich plate seems like a fair easy option from what ive searched???
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Universal-oil...QQcmdZViewItem

appears to save alot of hassle???? either that or buy an electronic one lol
Old 07-30-2008
The Video Collector

trev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to behold

sounds like a ton of work
Old 07-31-2008
Registered!!

we will have to see ill try and machine one of those addaptors with a few mods to make it fit nice and snug... i put a pressure guage in on my 13b turbo rx4, an autometer one but that was a walk in the park compared to this...being a dry sump you can tap into it anywhere lol... looks like i got a big weekend ahead...
Old 08-06-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

you can T it into the line anywhere. At the oil cooler is fine, I had it there once, measured no difference between the cooler inlet and the block outlet.
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

i just bought one of those adaptor plates, it works a treat and no tapping into different lines... ill post up some pictures
Old 08-17-2008
Registered!!

ok just a question what is normal oil pressure at about 3,500rpm??? because mine is reading around 80psi at 3,500 i was just wondering if it was normal???