oil pressure guage - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2008   #1
Registered!!

chopper202 is an unknown quantity at this point
oil pressure guage

Hey I just bout a cluster of three guages, an ammater,oil pressure and water temp I dont have any trouble putting the ammater in but the oil pressure and water temp I am having a bit
ok first question can I take oil pressure if I install a T junction before my oil cooler??? if not there I have to tap into the block yea???
and the water temp the same deal drilling and tapping a hole??? thanks for any help on this as im soooo close to paying for it to get done
chopper202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #2
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: oil pressure guage

its alot of work, check the diy threads in the tech forums
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #3
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i don't know why you couldn't just do like everyone else and T off the block where the O/P sending unit goes in. just remove it and get a proper T fitting. like GB said though, check the DIY threads for the right sizes and such. hell, there may even be part numbers in there somewhere....
tuningmycivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #4
Registered!!

ok this sandwhich plate seems like a fair easy option from what ive searched???
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Universal-oil...QQcmdZViewItem

appears to save alot of hassle???? either that or buy an electronic one lol
Old 07-30-2008   #5
The Video Collector

trev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to behold

sounds like a ton of work
trev0006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #6
Registered!!

we will have to see ill try and machine one of those addaptors with a few mods to make it fit nice and snug... i put a pressure guage in on my 13b turbo rx4, an autometer one but that was a walk in the park compared to this...being a dry sump you can tap into it anywhere lol... looks like i got a big weekend ahead...
Old 08-06-2008   #7
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

you can T it into the line anywhere. At the oil cooler is fine, I had it there once, measured no difference between the cooler inlet and the block outlet.
Boilermaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #8
Registered!!

i just bought one of those adaptor plates, it works a treat and no tapping into different lines... ill post up some pictures
Old 08-17-2008   #9
Registered!!

ok just a question what is normal oil pressure at about 3,500rpm??? because mine is reading around 80psi at 3,500 i was just wondering if it was normal???