Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

No Tail Lights - But I have Brake Lights. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dudun will become famous soon enoughDudun will become famous soon enough
No Tail Lights - But I have Brake Lights. HELP!

Just got pulled over tonight for not having tail lights, which is gonna cost me 200 bucks.

I'm trying to check the fuses - but can't seem to find the right one under the hood or in the car. Where would it be located?

From my understanding, the Tail Lights/Brake lights are a dual stage bulb...soooo, if I have brake lights, why not any tail lights?

This is on an 01 Ex btw. 2 dollars paypaled to the first person that helps me figure this thing out.

Thanks CF.
Old 03-21-2008
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough
Re: No Tail Lights - But I have Brake Lights. HELP!

do you have any wires bridgin around like those m3 led mirror.. system /.. or did you check your wires to see if any of the wires are rip ?
Old 03-21-2008
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

check bulbs then bulb sockets for corrosion, use a test light to check the fuses
Old 03-21-2008
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

"small lamps" fuse in under hood box.
Old 03-21-2008
Registered!!

Small lamps eh? Whenever I do that - it turns off the front two corner lights up front.

Light test? How may I go about doing that? What is all needed? From what I can see(Wires that aren't wrapped in a groumet) there are no wires ripped.

I do have one of my "small lamps" out up front, but I'm almost positive that won't affect anything.
Old 03-22-2008
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

If you have parking lamps working up front, and still have dash lights and such your small lamps fuse is o.k.

A 12 Volt test lamp can be purchased for a few dollars at the auto parts store to trace voltages.
Old 03-22-2008
Registered!!

Could it be the bulbs?
Old 03-22-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

check the bulbs, and then get a test light and check the socket for power with the park lights on to see if any power is actually getting to the bulb.
Old 03-23-2008
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dudun
From my understanding, the Tail Lights/Brake lights are a dual stage bulb...soooo, if I have brake lights, why not any tail lights?
because the tail light filaments can both be burned out and the brake light filaments be just fine. change the bulbs. "but they're both bad...." i know. one could have burned out a week ago (or longer) and you didn't know it. just change the bulbs first. easy and cheap to do.