Sell JL gear for Alpine? - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2007   #1
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Sell JL gear for Alpine?

I'm considering selling my JL 500/1 and 300/2 in favor of the new Alpine PDX-2.150 and a PDX-1.1000. Alpines new 1.1000 isn't any bigger and would fit in my setup where a JL 1000/1 would not. However, the 2.150 is a class D amp where my 300/2 is an A/B and it runs my front channel. Any input on these amps?
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007   #2
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Re: Sell JL gear for Alpine?

The lack of response saddens me...
Old 06-06-2007   #3
Registered!!

Lesclaypool is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd reply, but I have no information on either of these.... I have a crappy amp, and crappy subs... I no longer have any use of these, until i get my music set up..... You can read my thread right below urs.... It involves using a hard drive with 80 gigs connecting to the cd player through a USB adapter....

I think it should run good, and since all of my music is ripped from cds i own, it'll sound better than cds..... I can even re-rip them to like 512 mbps.... I'm not sure how much it would help...

but yeah, i didn't know there were different classes, a, b, d?? what are the differences?
Lesclaypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007   #4
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light

So you'd be replacing an A/B that runs front speakers with a class D? Is it a full range D then? I've yet to actually hear one.
christmaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007   #5
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i'm not a total noob on amps and stuff, but i don't understand why you'd trade a a/b running your mids and highs (fronts) for a d, which i've always thought were traditionally sub amps? also, am i correct in the assumption that an amp's "class" is determined by it's power supply type and efficiency?
tuningmycivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007   #6
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would not trade my 300/2 or 500/1 for any other amplifier they are great amps and take a beating as far as continuous use.
hwt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #7
hvc
Registered!!

hvc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwt101 View Post
i would not trade my 300/2 or 500/1 for any other amplifier they are great amps and take a beating as far as continuous use.
quoted for truth.

if you're planning on the class d amp to power your fronts, which are highs and mids, then i'd stick with your JL's man. Class-D amps are used for pulsating-type waves. Such as the short bursts of bass, not the constant output of your high's and mids. a class D amp uses very little power during it's off states, which is the second(s) between each beat. Due to this, a class-d amp running constantly to provide power to your fronts, will overheat in no time, as the very little power generated allows for a smaller heatsink and a lesser power supply.

Edit: just read about the PDX amp, and it's designed to put out constant power, and compete with class A and B amps. So, with the new designs out, then i guess you can go with the alpine if you feel like it, but id stick with the JL's man.

Last edited by hvc; 06-07-2007 at 12:52 AM.
hvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #8
Premium Member

I would have no issue if it wasn't a class D, but my amps wouldn't match otherwise.

I agree my JL's kick ***. I would just love to bump up to a 1000 watt sub amp so I can stop underpowering my Diamond Audio D9's
Old 06-08-2007   #9
Registered!!

beverly_k is an unknown quantity at this point

keep your JL's they are great amp and for me is way better than Alpine
beverly_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #10
Registered!!

gerardo reynoso is an unknown quantity at this point

if you do sell them how much u want for both of them ??
gerardo reynoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #11
Premium Member

A kabillion bucks. Cash only.